How much can you save?

Comments

• Phoenix79 wrote:
    Hi all...can i join?!

Although i'm paying off debts (aiming to get them all on 0% cards), i have £3k sitting in a spare account. Just looking for the best place to put it. Just looking through the ISA options.....

If I had that I might put the 3K in an icesave account and then drip feed a Regular saver for a year like the Halifax one (only because the Lloyds one is 2 year) to make the most interest for my money.

Ranger
    Thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel....Then got hit by a train! :A
    Lightbulb Feb 2006 :o
    Debt free Nov 2011
  • Just a quick update from me: current savings total £4.5K (jointly with OH)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Wanno
    Wanno Posts: 130 Forumite
    Everybody is doing really well. I'm very impressed and glad that we have a few people doing it.
    I have applied for a second job and have an interview with them shortly. I would love to have an extra income each month that could go straight into saving pot and not anywhere near where I could get my grubby mits on it for frivilous spending.
    So far so good with saving.
    Must get a running total so far.
  • Wanno
    save-a-lot wrote:
    Hi

How about making this a 'how much can you save club' and put our achievements in our signitures? just an idea that will help motivate each other

Great idea save-a-lot. I'm not sure how you go about doing that but if anybody else has any ideas.. bring it on.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Wanno, you go into the user control panel at the top of the page to put in your signature. However, i wont be changing mine cause i dont think it will fit!
  • Wanno
    Hi Thanks Judi. I know how to change the signature now.
    Its pretty much the middle of the month- How is everybody doing? It would be interesting to see whether are saving over and above regular standing order savings, I mean the ones that just automatically come out of your account each month- or whether people are actively saving and banking additional funds.
  • Just noticed that Judi's in charge in these parts :).

Morning Maam.

We try not to bite most of the time ;).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just noticed that Judi's in charge in these parts :).

Morning Maam.

We try not to bite most of the time ;).
    Not quite ReportInvestor, i used to be a board guide for this board but got lost in a sea of saving options. It was embaressing really when a board guide for the savings board cant tell the difference between a share and a guaranteed equity bond.:o Redfox and Isasmurf are board guides for this board but as this is my favourite board i am never far away.

My savings are on target for the month and i am looking forward to totalling them up at the beginning of next month. My online shopping comes tomorrow and i am going to see if i can trim a further tenner off at the final checkout to put towards my savings.
  • jo101_2
    jo101_2 Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HI

I would like to join too please.
    My OH and I are saving to buy a house and will need a deposit of around
    £50k mainly due to the fact that only my OH is working as I am a stay at home Mum currently.

Mainly thanks to my late Grandma we have savings of £10k currently.

I still havent worked out where best to put this at the mo and also havent yet worked out how much we could save monthly as OH has just had a payrise and this month we have just implemented major cutbacks and trying to save all spare cash.

Next step is working out where to put it all

Good luck to you all
    Starting with a clean slate.

August grocery challenge - £250
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jo101 wrote:
    we have just implemented major cutbacks and trying to save all spare cash.

If you do not mind me asking, what major cutbacks are you making?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback