FREE trees for schools and communities

2»

Comments

• [quote=discobaby;168

We have chosen Silver birch seed as it’s reasonably easy to germinate and is not a large tree when mature, therefore it’s more suitable for planting in a variety of locations including urban sites such as school grounds or community gardens. Silver birch is also tolerant of different ground conditions.[/quote]
    Thanks for posting the offer:T
    Just a word of caution though. Choose the varieties carefully as Silver Birch is known to worsen the condition of hayfeaver in some;)
  • Thanx for this, i have forwarded to my sons school :)
    May GC £350/ spent so far

family life = 2 adults DS x3 & DD1 + dog :)
  • InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    Hi! Just had another look at the website & you can apply for them if you have a youth group eg home educators, cubs, scouts etc....
    Go to http://www.treeforall.org.uk/JoinIn/AsAYouthGroup/ then go through the check out & use the promotional code: youthgroup and it comes up as £0!! Ive given it a go for Home Ed group!!
    :confused:
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • Serenfach
    Serenfach Posts: 15 Forumite
    I tried to apply for this for my school but my job description wasn't listed. However, I e-mailed them and had two very pleasant replies saying they would send them, but they are not sending them out until March. FYI, I requested the hedgerow kit. Just so you all know - they won't be sending them immediately. We'll still use the kit for sure, even though it might be a bit late for some of our planning!
  • Dame
    Dame Posts: 16 Forumite
    Here's a similar scheme by the Tree Council - though it looks like its for a grant towards planting costs rather than getting seeds direct, (& only up to 75% of the cost rather than being free) I wonder if you can choose to plant what you like?

http://www.treecouncil.org.uk/treeties/grant/grant.html
  • Kymmie
    Kymmie Posts: 513 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks! Have applied to hopefully get some for my mums school.
    s. X2 tickets for Itunes festival in London, Wagamamma's cookbook, Girls Aloud ticket bundle, Herbal essence dazzling shine range. Slumberdown bedding, Free Cadburys chocolate bar, Jellybeans, Bioderma Cleanser, X2 Susan Boyle tickets,X3 Cushelle koala's, The hut bluetooth speaker Headphones, Henry V open air theatre tickets,playdoh set,£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure