Free NHS smoking quit pack... Order online

newhere_3
newhere_3 Posts: 90 Forumite
edited 25 January 2016 at 11:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Free stuff inc, a free toothbrush (well done gordon brown another very bright idea, 'we will give people a toothbrush to quit smoking') also a free stress ball and loads of useful information. Should come in useful.

http://smokefree.nhs.uk/

Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert Jan'16:

It's no longer a kit as such but very useful info and support to help you give up so we've left it in Freebies Gold. Thanks to newhere for the original post back in 2009!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,574
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    newhere wrote: »
    well done gordon brown another very bright idea, 'we will give people a toothbrush to quit smoking'
    Yes, I'm sure that was Gordon Brown's personal idea to include a toothbrush. :rolleyes:

Leave your politics at the door, please.
    poppy10
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    england only.
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Great post - my husband saw the pack offered on TV but didn't get a pen quick enough to write down the number. We HAVE to give up this year, he's already had a heart attack from smoking, cutting down is not working and number of fags is creeping up again.

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to give up for the New Year.
    2020 Wins:
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Saetana wrote: »
    Great post - my husband saw the pack offered on TV but didn't get a pen quick enough to write down the number. We HAVE to give up this year, he's already had a heart attack from smoking, cutting down is not working and number of fags is creeping up again.

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to give up for the New Year.

My husband should give up,I gave up last January and have had no regrets,no cravings either.
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    ariarnia wrote: »
    england only.
    I take it they only want the English to give up then:rolleyes:
  • The best way to quit is to get along to an NHS Smoking Cessation Group. All aids (eg patches, gum, inhalators etc) are free. The group meets weekly and you kind of encourage each other, as well as getting advice from the group leader. No-one wants to be the first to fall by the wayside and that thought keeps you going. I gave up this way 2 years ago after smoking for 40 years. I'm not saying it was easy but I would never have done it alone. Only half of my group finished the course so I felt quite proud of myself! Good luck all of you who want to quit!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • :rolleyes:I think that it is disgusting that this is not available in wales,I contacted them a few weeks ago to ask for a help pack and was told that it is only available in England,so that means that the Welsh,Irish and the Scots will have to go it alone,oh well wish me luck:eek:
    :jI am a M.S.E. addict and proud of it.:j
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    And I think its disgusting that the Welsh get free prescriptions at our expense :D
    But im sure you didn't kick up a fuss saying thats unfair on the English :p
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,574
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    luckylynda wrote: »
    :rolleyes:I think that it is disgusting that this is not available in wales,I contacted them a few weeks ago to ask for a help pack and was told that it is only available in England,so that means that the Welsh,Irish and the Scots will have to go it alone,oh well wish me luck:eek:
    NHS Wales, NHS Scotland, and HSCNI are completely different organizations to NHS England. You can hardly blame NHS England for not providing services to countries which have their own separate national health service.

The other NHSs have their own smoking cessation websites and helplines:

NHS Wales: http://www.stopsmokingwales.com/

NHS Scotland: http://www.canstopsmoking.com/

HSCNI: http://www.spacetobreathe.org.uk/article.asp?aid=187
    poppy10
  • I gave up years ago, but think that this is probably one of the most useless NHS ideas imaginable - if you give up smoking, you can download some relaxation stuff (like everyone who smokes has computer literacy/access), a toothbrush (because you would never normally use one), a gadget to add up with (because you are too stupid to do that normally?) and a squishy thing?

Well, thanks for the squishy thing. Patronising wombats.

Glad I gave up without this tosh.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family