Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options

Comments

• Bargain_Mad_2
    Options
    Own up! Which one of you bought out all of the BE beef in gravy in Prescot last night ... I only wanted 6 of them for tea tomorrow! :rotfl:
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    Own up! Which one of you bought out all of the BE beef in gravy in Prescot last night ... I only wanted 6 of them for tea tomorrow! :rotfl:

Not me I've been on a cheese and duck weekend.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Options
    Lol! At this rate we shall be suffering from cheese poisoning too. Not only have I found loads in Tesco, but Asda have obliged too. Their prepacked section by the deli is providing rich pickings, just as at Tesco. Only difference is that at Asda they refund the difference, plus £2 on your gift card.

Haven't found any of the duck though. Never mind, I shall be looking for some Australian ducks on Thursday!
  • andreboyle
    Options
    Hi all,

Just been to Tesco and bought 3 gammon joints. Stickers price £6.26 but shefl price £5.96.

They agreed to a refund after going to the shelf to check.

We were told though that the price on the sticker is what you should pay and that a full refund was being given as a 'good will gesture'.

Rather annoyed at that as I always would assume that, given two prices, the lowest one is applicable. Especially if it's the shelf price which would indicate a product price change whereas the product sticker price wouldn't get changed.

Am generating a list of products to go check at another Tesco's tonight and will get some 'extras' during our weekly shop.
    ... and that's all I have to say about that.
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    andreboyle wrote:
    as a 'good will gesture'.

Rather annoyed at that as I always would assume that, given two prices, the lowest one is applicable. Especially if it's the shelf price which would indicate a product price change whereas the product sticker price wouldn't get changed.
    and your assumption would be right, if two prices are displayed for the same product the lower price MUST be charged in order to comply with current pricing regulations. Don't let them waffle you, if I am given the "we will do it on this occasion speech" I follow with my own "You'll do it on this occasion and any other occasion your prices mislead me as that is exactly what your required to do by law" speech.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • MrSmartprice
    Options
    It seems that the condescending pomposity of some Tesco Customer Service employees is matched only by their mind-numbing ignorance.

Rarely can a bunch of people have been released into contact with the public having been so ineptly trained. Not only are they totally ignorant of the law, or the need to comply with it, they also seem (or pretend to be) completely oblivious to Tesco's own policies which are displayed a few feet from their workstations.

Long may we continue to use superior intellect to get the better of them!
  • Kenny4315
    Kenny4315 Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    Options
    They tried to give me some banter on the £7.58 rump steaks not marked with the per kilo weight, :confused: but I stuck to my guns and got my refund :beer: . Cheers for that one Ben500.

As well as my normal chicken, cheese, etc refunds, at this rate I'll have enough stuff to start a butchers shop. :j

I am going quackers however about the lack of mis-priced duck, bah humbug can't get no lamb either. :rolleyes: I am making it my top priority to obtain some of these by the end of the week. ;)

Also got some Beef in Gravy, lovely jubeely points !!! :cool:
  • Kenny4315
    Options
    The other thing I have been noticing recently is that there seems to be less and less actual shelf labels. Maybe the new strategy is not to have any to avoid any mispricing issues. :mad:

Furthermore, I have also noticed differences between the same products and differents stores on the same day. I would imagine that's a bit naughty, what do you think. The organic sirloin steaks where just one of these. £12.99 in one store and £14.99 in another. Along with a number of others. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Has anyone else noticed these trends ?? :confused:
  • MrSmartprice
    Options
    I think you will find that the lack of shelf labels is largely down to us!

When an error is pointed out, they go and recover the label in most cases. Otherwise we would be buying them time after time. It is amazing that the Red Leicester cheese is still about as that has been wrong in every Tesco I've been to.
  • Kenny4315
    Options
    Yes I got some red leicester today, they had re-labelled the products all but one or two, and it just so happens that these found there way into my trolley. Now what was the probability of that happening !!!! :rolleyes: :confused:

I suppose that's true but it seems to be taking them an awful long time to get a label back on the shelf, hit them for some beef 4 days ago and still no label there. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure