Natwest Technical Issues

Comments

• RBS One account

Transaction history is screwed.
    Transactions with no descriptions.
    Salary paid in a day to early but a second uncleared salary showing for the correct day.

I work in IT and I know what a bunch of muppets our off shore resources are.

Off shoring does not save you money. RBS deserve every thing they get for this mess. Bring your IT back to the experts in the UK.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Browntoa wrote: »
    no wages for me ,a large direct debit taken twice , once yesterday and again today

just about to ring up and question the direct debit , sadly sort of expected the wages not going in .....sigh

UPDATE:- wages appeared just now ???

direct debit probelm logged by them and to be checked

one account home page now says they are "aware of double entries but please be assured that the money has only been taken once"

pinch of salt comes to mind , not convinced

also getting no descriptions on some transactions as above
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • cottager
    cottager Posts: 934 Forumite
    Agricolae wrote: »
    Just a heads up - not all cheques will have shown up by tomorrow. This was the plan but as with so many other disappointments the time for all cheques to show in accounts has been pushed back.

Thanks for explaining.

Do you know what the situation is in reverse? -- cheques we have written to other businesses where we don't have monthly accounts. We just seem to have one or two more than usual which haven't been presented yet.

I suppose in one way it's quite nice these amounts are still in our account, but on the other hand I prefer it when they're presented/deducted quickly so I don't have to keep making allowances for them still to go out.

As it is, without contacting the payees I don't know if they're stuck in the system as part of the NatWest problem, or simply haven't been paid in yet.

If they have been presented, but NatWest haven't been able to process them, are they queued up to be dealt with, or will they have been returned to payees' banks for any reason?
    ~cottager
  • jimmyay
    jimmyay Posts: 117 Forumite
    My account is NOT up to date despite being told on Thursday it would be on Friday, then Friday it would be this morning.

The very nice but totally -in- the- dark employee i spoke to this morning could not confirm when the cheques for several thousand pounds i paid in in person at the bank last week would be paid , saying she had no record of them on their system but that i could get a "cash advance" against them from the branch. Not a great way to manage money is it . All my direct debits came out today and have bounced including my mortgage.

I am absolutely disgusted. I paid in money on the basis that the problem they had affected people who had paid in money between 18-20 June. This is incorrect. The problems are still outsanding and personally with my account, getting worse.

This is not a glitch, it is a huge corruption of and failure of their data probably from being hacked or a bug i would imagine, deep inside their systems. I am desperately worried about the integrity of information.

Just goes to show that credit in the bank is not the same as cash in your hand. It can be wiped and then its up to you powerless to plead your case. Abominable. Where is MY money Natwest?
    :j
  • cottager
    cottager Posts: 934 Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »
    The letter states:

Thanks rb10. Obviously just me who can't see it for some reason. Tyrie's clearly expecting some more detailed answers: a pity it's not going to be before the end of next week, and then only 'preferably' (and then only if they're not still 'fire-fighting'). I hope there'll be a TSC hearing in due course.
    ~cottager
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    paul_h wrote: »
    To be precise, they can't issue the cheque because they are having problems transferring funds into their settlement account - the money has been transferred, but has not reached the destination account. I am sure I'm not the only one in this position, the company concerned handles large numbers of similar transactions.

Hoping they're not using this as an excuse, though. If they go t!ts up, you'll not get paid at all! :eek:
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • Just an update was told that my cheque (which shows a debit on my account rather than a credit and has wiped all available funds) would be sorted by today.

Have been told they are working on clearing the backlog and it should be resolved by Tuesday- am doubtful.

Have cancelled all my direct debits for this month and told them I would pay them directly as soon as funds clear. All the companies I have spoken to very, my gym, credit card, pet insurance etc have been extremely understanding.
    x
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hoping they're not using this as an excuse, though. If they go t!ts up, you'll not get paid at all! :eek:

I'm certain that's not the case, as a company, they are about as bona fide as it gets. I also know that they bank with NatWest, from previous cheques which ironically always clear within 24hr being same bank.
  • runninglea
    runninglea Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its probably true as the company where I work paid a bacs run for 56k on 21st june and then same amount went out on 22nd.

Still waiting for the reversal to happen.

This has resulted in company being 30k overdrawn and thus not being able/willing to do any more payments.

Even if we pay by cheque then it will just make us more and more overdrawn.

Suppliers have so far been willing to beleive us but have told them we will hopefully do a bacs run on tuesday.

This is not looking likely
    Year 2019 (1,700/£17000mortgage repayment)Overall mortgage (71,400/165568) (44
    .1%) (42/100) payments made. Total paid 2019 year £1,700

Total paid 2017 year £15,300Total paid 2018 year £13,600
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Looking at my acccounts, I thought that things were getting back to normal last Monday.

It seems to me from reading on here that things are still some way away from 'fixed'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure