IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

highview parking ltd fine!

just had a parking charge notice off these guys...stating that on 2other occasions i have over stayed my limit of 3hrs at a tescos carpark but a s gesture of goodwill it was ignored now on the 3rd occasion they have to send me a fine for overstaying.
£70 fine or £40 if i pay by the 15th of this month.
what should i do pay or just ignore?

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First its not a fine, but an unenforceable parking invoice, they have no power at all to fine you, just tell them as gesture of goodwill you will completely ignore their scam ;) also go and park there for 3 hours and 1 minute next time, you are in the shop so don't worry about it!

Just IGNORE!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • well i usually only pop into the shop to buy a soft drink or chewing gums then go to work for 4hrs as its right next to the carpark so i am in the wrong.....could i still get away with it though?
  • jason_mc wrote: »
    ...could i still get away with it though?

Yes you can, just ignore them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,577
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jason_mc wrote: »
    well i usually only pop into the shop to buy a soft drink or chewing gums then go to work for 4hrs as its right next to the carpark so i am in the wrong.....could i still get away with it though?

Good for you! I can't stand PPC scammers and I would do the same. :D:T

Why not just make a collection of PPC fake PCNs like some people do on pepipoo.com. The company can do nothing about it unless they take you to Small Claims Court, and then they'd have to prove - among other things - who the driver was and that a valid/fair (!) contract exists, and justify the ridiculous amount they're claiming as well.

You could get a solid defence from pepipoo.com anyway if you ever needed it, not least because the PPC won't know who the driver was, they won't have worded their sign correctly to communicate a fair contract (they almost never do) and then there's the small matter of the amount charged being an obvious penalty amount unrelated to any costs or losses.

I presume as it's a Supermarket car park that there's no clamping sign? So you're OK. Private Parking Company (PPC) tickets are a scam, never pay them.

Typical PPC threatogram letter-chains are shown here, you can safely ignore the ticket and all letters (in the absence of genuine, sealed Court papers which is infinitessimally rare):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

See the recent episode of Watchdog where they showed what to do with PPC tickets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

HTH

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ok thanks guys i will leave and ignore all future letters...another thing is that i could always say ive never received any letters from them if the worst happened(court)
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Highview are totally different to every other PPC scammer...they have special magical powers that mean their letters really do mean you have to pay up...sorry, there's nothing we can do to help.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • lol don wind me up
  • hi, ive recieved a PCN from highview parking ltd, its states; legal action pending, the said vehicle was parked for 6 minutes in a loading bay, the fee is now at £135 to be payed within 7 days, a bit worried about it now, any ideas much appreciated
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    See the posts above yours for ideas. Or read several of the hundreds of identical threads on this board. And then if there's still something that's not been answered, come back and ask.
  • cheers, read some of the posts mentioning not being the driver of the vehicle, just the registered keeper, wot if its a video camera?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure