We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

E: 05/01 Advent Competitions 2012

Comments

• *KatieL*
    *KatieL* Posts: 61,494
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    *Katie*
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Huge thanks for taking this on BHG, you are very brave.

I can't remember if we had any last year, but do you think we may need to have a section for Blog/Rafflecopter comps please. xxx
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • fnc63 wrote: »
    Thank you Bargainhuntergal :A

I want to wish you the very best of luck with it this year ;) as you know i know how hard, difficult and time consuming it can be :(

I will try to help out as much as possible :) like you offered and assisted me last year too :T

Thanks, you did a fantastic job last year and toniq the year before that I can only hope I can match up to previous years efforts! :D

Thank you so much for the offer of help, that would be brilliant! I think I'm going to need all the help I can get :eek: I'm getting myself all confused with it already! :rotfl: But I'm sure once I get into the rhythm of it all it will be better! :D
    Mamzie wrote: »
    Huge thanks for taking this on BHG, you are very brave.

I can't remember if we had any last year, but do you think we may need to have a section for Blog/Rafflecopter comps please. xxx

Thanks! :o

I'm not sure re: a section for Rafflecopter ones, I'd rather keep it as simple as possible tbh!

I don't do FB/Twitter/Rafflecopter myself so I'm not sure how they work, would they need to be under the 'Web/Facebook/Twitter' section anyway as they have a multi type entry available?
  • bargainhuntergal
    bargainhuntergal Posts: 1,774
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2012 at 12:53PM
    I've just added these ones to the Weekly and Once Only section

FB E: 24/12 Rightmove (Open NOW) (Might be in Weeklies too as was first listed there)

FB E: 31/12 Hayes Garden World (Open NOW) (Might be in Weeklies too as was first listed there)

If I add anything to the front that I find myself or get any PM's with links that haven't been linked to at the end of this thread I'll try and post the links to the end too, just in case anyone wants to used this thread to keep their own list and just looks to see which links have been added to the end but doesn't keep up with the first posts. I can't promise to do it if it gets insane though as I might not have time, but I'll try to.

So if you see me make posts with links to the end of the thread that's why! :D

p.s. I realise I said links a LOT in that post, I just wanted to make myself clear! ;)
  • ITYIYBMAB
    ITYIYBMAB Posts: 382
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2012 at 1:53PM
    I'm not sure re: a section for Rafflecopter ones, I'd rather keep it as simple as possible tbh!

I'd prefer the Rafflecopter ones separate too as I rarely bother with them.

That said, I know that the advent thread is a massive piece of work so if bargainhuntergal feels it will make her task easier to keep them combined then that's good enough for me :)

ps. Weekdays I have very little time but if there is any way I can help out at weekends bargainhuntergal, don't hesitate to PM me.
    “D’you know what a loser is?
    A real loser is someone who’s so afraid of not winning, they don’t even try.”

Grandpa Hoover
    Little Miss Sunshine
  • ITYIYBMAB
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2012 at 2:07PM
    Weekly and once only

E: 23/12 Quidco (Open Now)

Edit: Hmmm, Maybe not weekly - daily challenges to gain entries, weekly prizes

Grandpa Hoover
    Little Miss Sunshine
  • bargainhuntergal
    bargainhuntergal Posts: 1,774
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2012 at 2:21PM
    ITYIYBMAB wrote: »
    I'd prefer the Rafflecopter ones separate too as I rarely bother with them.

That said, I know that the advent thread is a massive piece of work so if bargainhuntergal feels it will make her task easier to keep them combined then that's good enough for me :)

ps. Weekdays I have very little time but if there is any way I can help out at weekends bargainhuntergal, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks! :D

If Rafflecopter ones can be entered in multiple ways (I don't do them so really not sure how they work) then they'll all fall into the Web/Facebook/Twitter section anyway? I don't think there's normally that much in there so they should be quite separated from the rest of the comps.
    ITYIYBMAB wrote: »
    Weekly and once only

E: 23/12 Quidco (Open Now)

I think I might need to put this under the normal web section because theres daily tasks, so can't really go under weekly as it needs doing everyday.

Weekly is really intended for competitions that you can only enter once for the week, so I'll put it in the normal section.

Edit: I've just seen your edit. I'll definitely put this and any more that crop up that are like this in the normal section rather than weeklies.
  • Thank you for taking on this mammoth task to make our lives a lot easier.

Hope you get lots of good wins as good karma.
    Current Aims: Laptop/PC, decent money, holiday
    Best Wins: Ipad, Nintendo 3DS, £400 Shopping Spree at LK Bennett, £100 Boots vouchers
    Total Wins (Since April 2012) £3442.56
    Big thanks to all who post comps :T:beer:
  • jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks! :D

If Rafflecopter ones can be entered in multiple ways (I don't do them so really not sure how they work) then they'll all fall into the Web/Facebook/Twitter section anyway? I don't think there's normally that much in there so they should be quite separated from the rest of the comps.

Just going to chuck in my thoughts on this - I do enter Rafflecopter comps (when I manage to find them before they've expired) and save them in a separate folder to my other bookmarks. Rafflecopter ones do have different ways of entering but they are (mostly) easy to do in one go and all from the same point IYSWIM. I would be one that would prefer them separate, such as FB and twitter ones, but that is, of course, up to you.

And may I just take this opportunity to thank you for taking on this mammoth task!! :A
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • ITYIYBMAB
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite

Grandpa Hoover
    Little Miss Sunshine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family