Keighley Trade Centre

Comments

• Stay well away from KTC !

They have a terrible reputation on the car forum I frequent: http://www.lancerregister.com
    5/10/12 : Mortgage Free :)
  • wobbley
    wobbley Posts: 1,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Same reason there are about 50 Accident Management companies in Keighley, no small town can be that accident prone!
    It's actually 2 accident management companies - 48 are fraud management !
    Light blue touchpaper and stand well back !
  • Thanks everybody, I know I never started this thread, but there`s 3 cars there on the trader that look tidy in the pictures at a decent price and I was going to pop down for a gander soon as prices up here for the same car is a bit higher but the replies here have saved me a 320 mile round trip.
  • They're similarly slated on the Impreza owners club forums I frequent- message is to avoid at all costs.
  • Fiachna
    Fiachna Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 April 2011 at 9:18PM
    Hi

Just a quick note on these people, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    Went down to see a motor, had previously rung to ask them about the condition of the car which they said was in perfect condition.
    Got to the garage and the car was up on ramps so couldn't been driven to be tested.
    Had driven 140 miles so they could have rung me before to tell me that there was a problem. On inspection of the car it was in a very sorry state, scuffs on the front bumper, a ripped seat, various knocks and bumps in the doors. Not the car that described on the phone.
    My wife gave £100 payment over the phone to secure the car which was not stated as non refundable (you learn by your mistakes).
    When we got back from the garage where the car was being fixed we had a look at 2 others cars of the same make and model, when looking at the first one the bodywork looked ok, just had slight scratches which could be buffed out if needed, then we noticed that the window had a crack right across the window and on further inspection of the interior the front seat had something stained on it and it had gone MOULDY,
    So we started looking at other motors, Audi A3 S Line looked nice but on further inspection again there was faults again like an inch of rubber hanging off the tyre because it had been kerbed. The tyres also would not pass an MOT (less than 3mm).
    When told that we wasn't interested in any of the cars they changed completely, would not pay £100 back even though it was false what they had said over the phone,when asked for their terms and conditions they said they didn't have one and that I would have to write to their legal team (thought !!!!!! Turpin was dead).
    They was rude and very clever towards us resulting in me ready to blow my top and my wife getting very upset by it all.
    Read a few things after making the £100 deposit, all was bad apart from one reply on a thread, so me being me decided to make my own mind up and they all turned out to be true.
    Hope you read this with caution (so much for the quick note).:mad:
  • Damo_28
    Damo_28 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Kiethley trade centre!

Ive had the same problems, bought a saxo vtr 4 days ago and the problems started! since ive had the car its needed a new radiator cos the old 1 was cracked and it leaked, there was a rattle which i thought was the spare wheel holder under the car not the fact that the pins and sliders were missing from the drivers side back break and the pads were hanging out of the calipers, also just had to buy a new clutch and maybe now a new gear box. all i can say is this is disgusting and i think i will be ringing trading standards cos thi is unacceptable, especially when you have a 10 year old son to take forward and backward. Stay away from this car garage its a joke!
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Why didnt yopu take it back and point out the faults instead of buying a new clutch and coming on here moaning 4 days after ownership...?
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Fiachna wrote: »
    Hi

Just a quick note on these people, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    Went down to see a motor, had previously rung to ask them about the condition of the car which they said was in perfect condition.
    Got to the garage and the car was up on ramps so couldn't been driven to be tested.
    Had driven 140 miles so they could have rung me before to tell me that there was a problem. On inspection of the car it was in a very sorry state, scuffs on the front bumper, a ripped seat, various knocks and bumps in the doors. Not the car that described on the phone.
    My wife gave £100 payment over the phone to secure the car which was not stated as non refundable (you learn by your mistakes).
    When we got back from the garage where the car was being fixed we had a look at 2 others cars of the same make and model, when looking at the first one the bodywork looked ok, just had slight scratches which could be buffed out if needed, then we noticed that the window had a crack right across the window and on further inspection of the interior the front seat had something stained on it and it had gone MOULDY,
    So we started looking at other motors, Audi A3 S Line looked nice but on further inspection again there was faults again like an inch of rubber hanging off the tyre because it had been kerbed. The tyres also would not pass an MOT (less than 3mm).
    When told that we wasn't interested in any of the cars they changed completely, would not pay £100 back even though it was false what they had said over the phone,when asked for their terms and conditions they said they didn't have one and that I would have to write to their legal team (thought !!!!!! Turpin was dead).
    They was rude and very clever towards us resulting in me ready to blow my top and my wife getting very upset by it all.
    Read a few things after making the £100 deposit, all was bad apart from one reply on a thread, so me being me decided to make my own mind up and they all turned out to be true.
    Hope you read this with caution (so much for the quick note).:mad:

Did you pursue the one hundred pounds through your card provider?
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Limey
    Limey Posts: 444 Forumite
    dfranklin1 wrote: »
    They're similarly slated on the Impreza owners club forums I frequent- message is to avoid at all costs.

Same with the MR2 clubs, Keighley is somewhere folks are advised to avoid. :mad:
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Same reports on the various car forums I'm on. It's alleged that, with their Japanese imports, they just buy cheap shitters from the dock auction, widely regarded as the worst place to buy an import as all the good ones are sold before they have even left Japan.

I know a trader who buys from the dock auctions, but he chooses his cars carefully and fixes them up before sale. Apparently this lot just stick them on the forecourt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure