Morrisons Basic Kettle £3.99

Hi all

I was in Morrisons (Sheffield, Hillsborough) the other day and noticed their basic brand kettle was only £3.99. This was a special offer not a mis-price. Normal price is £7.00ish.

Grabbed one for my son who's off to uni shortly. As he's likely to boil cheap noodles in the kettle I didn't think buying him an expensive one was a good idea.

Ideal for uni IMO.

Enjoy! :)
The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.

Comments

• boil noodles in a kettle!? classy!
  • I presume it is gas. Is it aluminium, like camping kettles are?
  • sharond101
    sharond101 Posts: 833 Forumite
    I got a Morphy Richards stainless steel kettle which has panel on side which lights up when kettle is boiling, reduced to £14.98 last week in Morrisons, http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=43731. The value one I saw at £3.99 was white and plastic.
  • sharond101 wrote: »
    I got a Morphy Richards stainless steel kettle which has panel on side which lights up when kettle is boiling
    Why would anyone need a light to tell when a kettle's boiling?
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    We had a Morrisons basic kettle in our office kitchen, it lasted about a month before it started smelling like burning plastic whenever you boil it and then another 2 weeks before it started leaking from the power socket part of the kettle.

Personally I'd never buy one and wouldnt recommend them to anyone either (however cheap)
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    Plushchris wrote: »
    We had a Morrisons basic kettle in our office kitchen, it lasted about a month before it started smelling like burning plastic whenever you boil it and then another 2 weeks before it started leaking from the power socket part of the kettle.

Personally I'd never buy one and wouldnt recommend them to anyone either (however cheap)
    Luck of the draw I think. I had a basic one that's still going strong. I had it for two years then gave it to a friend.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure