esure (Car) + Morley Slater (Body Shop, Derby) = Nightmare! Please Help!

Comments

• digi-tal
    digi-tal Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hello Niki,

Thank you for your reply, it is great to know you are showing an interest. From what we have found out today the engineer at your end was acting on false information given by Morley Slater. I understand you had no way of knowing this but sometimes it is best to give the customer the benefit off the doubt.

Hopefully my fried will pop by and say hello here today as he shouldn't be so busy on the phone to your customer services or engineers!

Paul.
  • digi-tal
    mattymoo wrote: »
    Did the car have a second key with central locking controls on? They can't have tampered with both and, using the second key, he could prove beyond doubt that the body shop have lost something (the plot - it would seem).

Hello mattymoo, unfortunately there is no spare key for the car at all. It's odd, I have exactly the same car (sad I know!), and have no spare key too, in fact everyone I have spoken to with this car does not have a spare. They are about £160 to buy from Renault or £100 for an unbranded one!

Paul.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Digi tal, my reading of Niki's post is that they are in effect saying your friend should go to the Ombudsman and complain. This in effect means esure have completed their investigation and the next step is the Ombudsman.

I could be wrong.

Why don't you get your mate on here to post and then Niki can reply to him as.

Unfrotunately Insurers garages have a habit of denying all responsibility when they make a mistake, I don't know why they don't hold their hands up when they mistake and admit it after all we all make mistakes, the secret is being able to sort things out after you have made a mistake.

The good news is that as esure sent you to the garage they are jointly responsible for making good the damage. You could go to the Ombudsman which will take a few months but will cause a lot of work for esure, get a black mark with the ombudsman and will also cost them a fee from the Ombudsman of circa £360 or you could sue esure.

If your friend is certain he is right then it will do no harm to take it to the Ombudsman (Which is free to your friend it just costs esure)
  • digi-tal
    edited 1 July 2009 at 7:51PM
    dacouch - thank you for your reply. I got the same impression from Niki's post although esure have advised that a written complaints procedure would need to be exhaused before the Ombudsman will take a look at the case.

Unfortunately this saga has got worse during the day, and it appears the work that has been carried out on the car is below par. Hopefully my friend is going to stop by to go into some more detail on this.

Thanks again,

Paul.
  • Good Morning everyone. I wanted to pop a quick post on here to Thank You all for the advice and support you have shown. By the name ive picked you will all probably guess that i am the VICTIM in this case. I have read through all of your posts in detail and am very grateful or the time spent by everyone to help me get this resolved. I am reluctant to disclose any more details untill the official complaints procedure is in place, but i will more than definately keep you all informed..

Thanks Again for all your time people...
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,610 Forumite
    esure have advised that a written complaints procedure would need to be exhaused before the Ombudsman will take a look at the case.

Yes, the Ombudsman will not help until you've exhausted the proper complaints procedure and got a "dealock" letter. So even if you have exhausted it in practice, you still need to go through all the formalities and have it escalated through the proper channels (sometimes 3 or 4 diffrent levels) before you can go to the Ombudsman.

This does take time, but is risk and cost free and is independent.
    I would advise sending all letters by recorded delivery.
    It's 75p which is a relatively small cost but it could save time because it might be weeks before you realise one of your letters gets "lost" in the post.
    If you can do it by email then so much the better, but I recommend using delivery and read receipts on email.

I cancelled a policy with esure once within the 14 day cooling off period.
    They wanted my insurance certificate.
    They lost it FOUR times (yes FOUR).
    Personally I think they didn't want to give me a refund.
    In the end I demanded someone stood by their fax machine whilst I sent a fax.

So I fully recommend 75p to stop things getting lost.
    It's doesn't guarantee your letter is delivered (as sometimes letters do genuinely get lost by Royal Mail) but it's likely to stop esure (or any other company) taking the mickey or fobbing you off with the "lost in the post" excuse when they can't be bothered to look properly.
  • dacouch
    edited 3 July 2009 at 12:09AM
    Lisyloo..."Deadlock" letter is very ironic

I have an image of someone at esure getting the complaint in and thinking "Right lets send the standard template when we damage someones deadlocks"
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just come in at the back end of this, but if the car is regularly serviced and the garage knew that the central locking worked, couldn't the garage send a letter to esure to confirm this?
  • digi-tal
    dacouch - I hadn't noticed that :)

hansi - This had crossed our minds too, we will have to see what happens.

Paul.
  • dacouch
    Digi tal Insurers like to deal in hard evidence, so the advice hansi has given is good advice, if the garage can confirm on headed paper that as part of their servicing they would check the central locking and / or they know the central locking was working correctly on x date it could help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure