Renault Megane CC leaking

LeeG20
LeeG20 Posts: 6 Forumite
Does anyone else have trouble with Renault Megane CC (54 plates or above) leaking water. I've had constant trouble with mine, everytime it rains water comes through the seals and the car is more like a boat - water coming in from all sides!

I've tried taking it back to the dealership, but it comes back worse!

Can anyone recommend any solutions?

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,518 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Best advice is to sell it during a period of dry weather. Get a bad one of any car like this and it's trouble. Friends have an EOS which has leaked on and off for three years. A neighbour worked in a Renault dealership and they used to see the same cars come in time after time for leaking roof.

Opening the roof on a slope causes the problem and solving it can be an expensive business.
  • when was the last time you did the maintenance to the roof
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    when was the last time you did the maintenance to the roof
    Quite so.
    Frustratingly most dealers seem to be ill informed on this issue.
    Originally written in relation to the VW EOS but applies to all cars with hard folding top roofs that rely on supple rubber seals to seal out water:
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3087297

This sorts it for *most* people. Probably obvious advice but also make sure you don't use a jet wash anywhere near the seals.
  • edde
    edde Posts: 159 Forumite
    They always leak you can do your best but the design isn't great and new parts are expensive and won't definatly fix it for good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure