peugeot partner vs berlingo or kangoo?

Comments

• Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2013 at 1:36PM
    GolfBravo wrote: »
    OMG, is that what he said? And he's a senior manager there?

Just look at the photo in the post above, and the photo below.
    Mercedes-Citan-Renault-Kangoo-474x316-df982d6195b2754b.jpg

Look at the logo on the bonnet.

Mercedes are using Renault's cars, engines and components, not PSA's.

That is interesting. I think a certain Mercedes manager is in for some serious pi## taking. :D

I have been looking at some photos, and trying to compare all three cars from the same angle. Especially things like wheel arches, and fuel filler locations. But all three seem to be different.

Anyway, Renault are also French, so I still wouldn't buy a Kangoo, Berlingo, or a Citan.

EDIT:
    It seems you are right, and the Mercedes manager was wrong: http://fleetworld.co.uk/news/2012/Feb/Mercedes-Benz-Citan-hopes-to-rival-Berlingo-and-Caddy-in-European-fleet-market-/0434004747/
    One of the fruits of a joint venture between Renault and Daimler, Mercedes-Benz’s parent, Citan is based on a Kangoo platform, uses Renault diesel engines but has a significant Mercedes content. It includes a completely-restyled front,with a different grille, bumper, bonnet anddifferent headlamps, and a cab interior that is unique to the Three Pointed Star.
    'The seats, steering and suspension tuning are all pure Mercedes,' said worldwide head of Mercedes-Benz’s van operation,Volker Mornhinweg. @PREVIEWEND@

It seems that all manufacturers are teaming together when it comes to vans. The Renault Traffic, the Vauxhall Vivaro, and the Nissan whatever are all made at IBC in Luton. The Mercedes Sprinter and the VW Crafter are made in the same factory. The Citroen Relay, the Peugot whatever, and the Fiat whatever are all made in the Iveco factory in Italy. And now Mercedes and Renault are teaming up to build the Kangoo and Citan. It's all a bit incestuous.
  • Yeah right. It's a Citroen with a Mercedes badge. I think Mercedes have really let themselves down on this one.

:rotfl: Wrong again Carter :rotfl:
  • jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    :rotfl: Wrong again Carter :rotfl:

In fairness, Renault... Citroen... meh, they're all much of a muchness :)

Especially when it comes to vans -- white goods :D does anyone honestly care what they're driving when they're in a van?
  • Bradfield
    Bradfield Posts: 222 Forumite
    I am considering purchasing one of the above and wondered which was the best option running cost wise. I specifically want one of these both for the space and the higher driving position (plus more space for my disabled husband).

Also advice on which are the best diesel models.

I spent some time looking at these type of vehicles for the reasons that you mention.

I took a P.Partner out for a test drive and found the controls hard to handle. It had been used as a taxi so maybe the clutch and gears had taken some punishment.

Later I spotted a Vauxhall Agila outside a garage with over a 100k on the clock for a just over a grand. It is great for space and has high driving position. Economical to run and starts first time every time. Very easy to handle.
  • GolfBravo
    GolfBravo Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Bradfield wrote: »
    ... a Vauxhall Agila ... Economical to run and starts first time every time. Very easy to handle.
    Because it's a Suzuki with Vauxhall badges.
    "Retail is for suckers"
    Cosmo Kramer
  • Jamie_Carter
    jase1 wrote: »
    In fairness, Renault... Citroen... meh, they're all much of a muchness :)

Especially when it comes to vans -- white goods :D does anyone honestly care what they're driving when they're in a van?

They do when it's the car version, which is what the OP is after.
  • jase1
    They do when it's the car version, which is what the OP is after.

Do they?

I have to say that the Citroen Berlingo MPV is the very definition of a car as a white good.

Forget all the slightly 'bland' Japanese cars, these designs are utilitarian, and do a job of work only.

It is completely impossible to get enthused in any way, shape or form by one for anything other than practical reasons.
  • Jamie_Carter
    Do they?

I have to say that the Citroen Berlingo MPV is the very definition of a car as a white good.

Forget all the slightly 'bland' Japanese cars, these designs are utilitarian, and do a job of work only.

It is completely impossible to get enthused in any way, shape or form by one for anything other than practical reasons.

It is a car version, and not a van:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=citroen+berlingo+mpv&qpvt=citroen+berlingo+mpv&FORM=IGRE
  • jase1

I said car!

I know what they are (evil things) -- I drove one once.

It's a van with windows and seats. It handles, drives and is about as refined as, a Berlingo van.

If you need the versatility of a part-time van, part-time MPV, they're fantastic. But you'd hardly buy one with your heart.
  • Jamie_Carter
    I said car!

I know what they are (evil things) -- I drove one once.

It's a van with windows and seats. It handles, drives and is about as refined as, a Berlingo van.

If you need the versatility of a part-time van, part-time MPV, they're fantastic. But you'd hardly buy one with your heart.

I have to agree, I have driven a Ford Fusion before, and it was terrible as a car. I was hiring a car in Spain once, and was asked if I wanted a free upgrade to a Fusion, as they had run out of Golfs. I said no thanks, I want a car, not a van, and then went to another hire company.

I personally think an MPV would be better for the OP, but that's not what they are asking for. I presume this is down to price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure