PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    andyt8 wrote: »
    New Kenwoods have electronic speed control. So rather than the motor slowing down when the workload from kneading the dough increases, the electronic controller just increases the power. So the speed should stay the same but you do hear the motor and mechanicals working harder. My KMC510 has a 1000w motor which is over 1.3hp in old money. Quite powerful and more than most mains electric drills so most of the time it will be just idling. We have the mincer accessory and that also gives it some work - rest of the time making a sponge etc it's having a holiday.

A google threw up some interesting kneading videos (with sound):-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Yr8scC7Jji0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TITdWsPcAds

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/campaign-pages/Diaster-Chef-Tutorial-Videos/Tutorial-Video-3rd-August/

No 2 shows quick bread making from start to finish..

Thanks for this!!! Feel alot more confident now! Great videos :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Rossy2692
    Forumite
    Oh my! Just made a batch of fruit scones, beaut! :)

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does anyone else find that when they make bread at a faster speed their machine wobbles around? I was making bread at just above 3 today and I had to hold on to it otherwise it would have ended up on the floor!
  • Mine wobbled a little, but it stayed where it should on the work top. I only mix one loaf at a time tho. :)
  • Rossy2692
    Forumite
    Yeah mine wobbles abit but not to the pint when i am worried about it flying off the workbench :)

• shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    I bought an a901 from a charity shop earlier in the year. I haven't made bread yet but dying to try it. I asked for a splashguard for Christmas, i made buttercream in it and it went everywhere. I need to make a cover for it really, don't want it getting toil dusty, i do like looking at it though!
  • Rossy2692
    Forumite
    Need to use him!!! Time is running out!!! Oh my!! hehe

• Rossy2692
    Forumite
    Hello peeps! :D well so far today i have made a loaf, which may i say has been my best one yet! and also have shortcrust pastry chilling in the fridge for my beef and leek pie tonight :)

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2012 at 4:14PM
    I bought an a901 from a charity shop earlier in the year. I haven't made bread yet but dying to try it. I asked for a splashguard for Christmas, i made buttercream in it and it went everywhere. I need to make a cover for it really, don't want it getting toil dusty, i do like looking at it though!

Welcome shelley_crow, you're amongst friends now.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • andyt8
    andyt8 Posts: 113
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2012 at 4:20PM
    Just happened to come across this program on ITV 4pm to 5pm. They visit 4 bakeries and part of the challenge was bread making. Also sausage rolls and cakes. You see some big mixers (same planetary action as Kenwoods) being used as well as hand kneading. Its a competition and on most nights it seems.

Edit} also seems available on ITV Player
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport