The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Straight from the horse's mouth! I was told the same in the PO, and I think I remember Martin saying, before there was a planned price increase, to buy 1st and 2nd class stamps without the numerical value on them.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello,

Can I substitute Red Wine Vinegar for Red Wine?

Recipe is for Pumpkin Stew and it calls for 2 tbsp. I have Red Wine :beer: but not Red Wine Vinegar.
  • Do you have any kind of vinegar? I assume it needs the tartness; if you only have ordinary brown vinegar maybe use just one tablespoon plus a splash of wine.
    If no vinegar at all have a taste, perhaps a squeeze of lemon.
  • Giffas
    Giffas Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi guys

just a quicky ..

The Boss lady has went out for a girly night out and I in all my wisdom decided to make home made soup

My dilema is that i don;t kow how much water to use per stock cube

Please don't laugh but any help i greatly appreciated
  • if its veggie soup throw two in and it'll be fine just remember to taste it and see if it needs a bit of salt and pepper!
    skintbint x
    here's tae us, wha's like us - fell few and and they're a deid"
    10k in 2010/£6988.30-69.88%@29/12/10, 11k in 2011/£897 07.04.11- fell by the wayside!!!
    12k in 2012 - £204.00 @ 4/1/12

do not confuse me with the other skintbint who joined dec2011 - i am the original bint:rotfl:
  • For Knorr stock cubes it recommends 3/4 pint of water
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    It's usually one per 500ml but it's always best to refer to the instructions. I like the Knorr stockpots best.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Giffas
    Giffas Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thanx guys
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aldis stock cubes are fab,give 'em a try :)
    all varieties
  • I use 2 Kallo Organic Stock cubes to 500ml of boiling water. I also use Heinz Baby Vegetable cubes to the same proportions. Hope you have a good time in the Kitchen.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport