TESCO half price rib beef

half priced rib beef till thursday from the fresh meat counter.

Comments

• hmbee
    hmbee Posts: 63 Forumite
    Got one yesterday, for Christmas day (Beef and turkey is our family tradition)

It worked out less than half price. Went from £17.99 per kg to £4.99 per kg.

:jYay!
  • shame they don't sell them at the Tesco's nearest me :o(
    Crazy £100 Clothes Challenge 2010 No. 136 = £0/£100 budget
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 No. 897 - £59.36:p
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    they still have the joints £4 kilo we had on sunday was very nice indeed no fat n not tuff xx
    SIMPLES!
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    wow

well i'm not a massive fan of our mr t, but i have to say this is a brill offer.

I got a massive piece yesterday for £25, was half and half as to what to do, hubby usually loves to get the meat.

I put it in the freezer for christmas day, and asked hubby to play the guess the price game, he said £40, as that is what he was going to pay in morissons.

Well chuffed.
  • Anyone else tried the Tesco Rib of Beef yet? I am not a fan of supermarket meat but it seemed too good a bargain to miss, so bought some and stuck it in the freezer. If it gets the thumbs up then I will take it out and cook it on New Year's Eve when we are having friends round. [Really don't want to have another disaster - on Christmas Day left DH to carve the turkey and found him cutting across both breasts, straight through the back bone!]
  • hmbee
    hmbee Posts: 63 Forumite
    Anyone else tried the Tesco Rib of Beef yet? I am not a fan of supermarket meat but it seemed too good a bargain to miss, so bought some and stuck it in the freezer. If it gets the thumbs up then I will take it out and cook it on New Year's Eve when we are having friends round. [Really don't want to have another disaster - on Christmas Day left DH to carve the turkey and found him cutting across both breasts, straight through the back bone!]

This was one of the best joints of meat I have had. My family were amazed! We always have beef and turkey, we have turkey leftovers, but, all the beef has gone.
    Not sure when the offer ends but I would like to try and get another one to freeze.
    Hope this helps x
  • Saint_Chris
    Lovely the best piece of beef i've had in a long while.

cooked it for christmas dinner along with a turkey,

the beef went down a treat,

i went back to our tesco for more but they'd not had a delivery.

wish i'd got more at the time now.
  • Care to share how you cooked it. I usually cook it the 'Paula Deen' way. Preheat the oven to 190. Make her seasoning (salt/black pepper/garlic) and rub well in. Place on rack with ribs down and fat up and roast for one hour. Turn off oven and leave for 3 hours without opening the door. At the end cook for a further 30-40 minutes.
  • Saint_Chris
    With nothing added

just put the roast in a roasting dish,
    small bit of water in bottom
    covered loose with tin foil,
    slow cooked on a low light for about 4 hours,
    then removed the foil,
    and last 30 mins
    covered un-covered

it was lovely

we dont' like to put stuff on, or in our beef, so always cook most joints as above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure