Risen from the ashes ...

Comments

• I'm back!:D (quite relieved!)

Main roads were OK but a couple of nasty bits ...... got part way & my windscreen was totally horrible & screen wash was frozen :eek: - luckily there's always a bottle of water in the car (for the dog) so managed but ohhhh I hate that!

Managed to get prescription & waited at chemist for it - came away with (as he put it) "something of everything" & will have to go back for the rest - just need to remember :eek:

At B00ts they give you the sticky label which you can stick in your purse and always reminds me I've something outstanding - they don't do that at the wee chemist :(

Glad to be back home in the warm! :)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Dident know that el.
    Just goes to show you never know.

Was at the Dr this AM & had a wee bit of a meltdown while there.
    Well maybe thats the place to have it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Sorry rising.
    Glad you got it ok.
    Still havent been to PO.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• With the help of slowlyfading and beanielou, decided that it's OK to get rid of some of my older receipts - I have a drawer full dating back to around 2004 (all neatly sorted by date):o

I did wonder if I should look through them (guarantees etc) but if I buy something that has one, this is stapled to the instruction book and filed in a separate folder:o (great for finding then if needed) - so .... *gulp* .... think I'm going to throw them straight out without checking them :eek:.

So ... that's the first one - and it'll on the "to do" list for tomorrow :T

All receipts up to and including 2011 are in my now overflowing study bin :eek::eek:.

With a bit of sorting, I managed to free up a whole drawer - put all the cards & wrapping paper into one .... don't think I need to buy Christmas cards for the rest of my life :o. Emptied drawer now has loads of padded envelopes in (always keep these "just in case" but may have to get rid of some as I have a lot of them too)
  • beanielou wrote: »

Awwwww hun (((hugs))) hope you're feeling a bit better having got it off your chest ....
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sorry rising.
    Glad you got it ok.
    Still havent been to PO.

No worries at all - concentrate on you ..... lets have a dodgy :grouphug:
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Dident know that el.
    Just goes to show you never know.

That's deff one of thebest places to have a meltdown beanie ... Hope something productive came out of it
  • beanielou
    Rising~Do you need plug in part or refill or both?

• Just the refill .... thanks!
  • Online banking's chucked a wobbly .... tried to pay c/card & got an error code:eek: & it says it can't confirm the money's been sent.

Balance has changed on one bit on my account but not the other so no idea if it's gone through or not :(

Tried phoning & got cut off just when someone answered :mad: & now in a queue.......
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good luck with the queue on the phone... and well done for sorting out the receipts :j :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport