Cheap Mobile Contracts Article Discussion

Comments

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe the Nexus S, good though it is, is on the way out (there is already a Nexus S '2' I gather)
    Its camera is the weakest point.
    The deal expires shortly.
  • buglawton wrote: »
    Maybe the Nexus S, good though it is, is on the way out (there is already a Nexus S '2' I gather)
    Its camera is the weakest point.
    The deal expires shortly.

The Galaxy Nexus was launched this morning. Wont be on sale until mid november at the earliest
  • glebe_2
    glebe_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2011 at 10:35AM
    buglawton wrote: »
    The Nexus S is avail thru Quidco with £70 cashback:
    Per month 100 minutes, 500 texts , 100 MB mobile internet data.
    £13 pm.

No catches it seems except for the 100 MB mobile data allowance being laughable. Never mind as Voda's skimpy 3g coverage might not allow you to access all that data anyway.

So is it the best deal going at the moment, comparing with with all those £30/m deals out there?

Anyone's successful on the deal? I tried a few times on vodafone's website and it just keeps telling me that I've input incorrect card details which I know it's CORRECT...
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Try a different card maybe? This has happened to me on occasion on other sites.
  • Can anyone help? I am looking for a smart phone for my daughter who has learning difficulties. She looks after her phones but i need a contract which is capped so she does not go over her contract. I know Tesco have just introduced one but I can't find a comparison site which has this option.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 November 2011 at 8:52PM
    What do you need actually: a phone or a capped contract or both?
    Another provider to check is t-mobile:
    Also, if you buy a sim-free phone elsewhere consider giffgaff.
  • For really cheap offers you can still get 18 month contracts with 18 months free. The phones are basic and you have to ensure you claim the cashback on the right dates (the retailers hope you will forget!)

Also suggest you google around for other cheap contract phones and comparison sites, the ones listed in the guide dont really show the best prices.
  • Hi All,
    the missus is currently on O2 at about 35 quid a month. Her contract's expired, she has a new job with a company blackberry and she wants to convert to the cheapest method of "parking" her personal number on a PAYG SIM. It won't be used for outgoing calls/texts/data - it's just purely so she can keep it on for a year or so whilst everyone gets used to the new number. (Porting old number to company phone isn't an option).

What's the best way to do this? Any recommendations?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    All networks require at least 1 chargeable outgoing text or call every 180 days (90 days at some). If you miss it you can lose the credit and the number. Check the T&C and set a reminder (google calendar / outlook / http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/credit-card-tart).
  • im disappointed with the iphone 4 so am looking to get another phone (im using a giffgaff sim) and not sure which one to go for or where to get the best deal - it really needs to have the following - dual sim (not essential) swipe -type, not a keyboard like the blackberry, email and web use, good camera, smaller than the iphone and much better battery life, organisation software (calendar, reminders, alarms, diary etc) up to £400- any suggestions?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback