Address for Littlewoods complaints?

Comments

• Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    coys wrote: »
    I thought i would bump this thread with the experience i had, today, with Littlewoods.
    I received a letter with my monthly statement saying that i was in arrears, because i had missed the last payment.
    It also said a default charge will now be added to my account as i had breached the terms and agreement.

I went through my receipts, and i had definitely paid, my last payment receipt showing it was paid 9 days before the due date.
    I called the number on the letter and was transferred to an Account Arrears dept, where i was spoken to as if i was dirt and had committed a crime!
    I told the person that i had paid the instalment and i still have the receipt to prove it.
    I gave the details of the paying in receipt and the date of paying it, and i was then transferred to someone else, who told me that the amount HAD been paid.
    Littlewoods claim that a number was omitted from my account number, by the bank i paid the instalment in at, but they had received the payment!
    She said she would credit my account with the default charges....THIS TIME...and then went on to warn me that if it happens again i will have a problem getting credit anywhere, especially in high street shops, (whatever that means)... it was as if she was doing me a BIG favour and it was all my fault.
    I don't understand how they can say i have missed a payment, when they know i have paid it, and they have received it.
    I will guarantee one thing for Littlewoods, and that is, it wont happen again...because i, like a lot of others, will never use your company again...and the next time i get an evening phone call from one of your reps, trying to sell me something i'll let them know that they are harassing me!

Hi COYS,

We are sorry to hear that this has happened and do apologise for any upset caused.
    Please email us at [EMAIL="Help@littlewoods.co.uk"]Help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we would be happy to look into this further.

Many Thanks

Dave
    Littlewoods Help Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Luka_Ley
    Luka_Ley Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2012 at 12:54PM
    Hi everyone, I have read many posts advising how to be refunded for default charges applied by catalogues and also by banks. Firstly, I would like to say that this information shared is crucial and extremely helpful for peopole like me that do not know exactly how to lodge a claim. In addition, I want to congratulate Martin Lewis for creating this space and being very supportive. Thanks also to all folks who have shared their knowledge and experiences regarding all sort of issues. Excellent Team Work! Saying that, I would be very thankful if somebody could clarify the exact address to write to Very to request the default charges and then the payment of these fees. The letter sent from Very to inform me of the default charge on the amount of £12 shows Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Bootle, L30 1SL, that I presume I can use it when I send my 1st letter. Then, to claim the respective payment back, I am not 100% sure whether to write to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Excellence, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ (from Very website) or directly to their CED Anthony Baldwin, at Sandringham House (the same aformentioned address but the post code is CM92 1LJ). I also found another address of their CED Thynne Street, Bolton, BL3 6AX. I do not know if I can sort this problem faster writing to Mr Baldwin and which address is the correct one. As I also have been late with my payments I received a letter from their Arrears Collection Department located at the same address but the post code is CM92 1LE. I do not understand why the post code changes. I really appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot and enjoy your weekend. :j
  • I bought a bike from littlewoods in June 2011 there was a problem with the bike i rang up many times and it took till January for someone to call me back. i phoned loads of times inbetween that. when some one phone they said take it to a bike shop to get it looked at, so i did and sent a letter back to little woods and guess what no phone call for a long time again when i finally get to speak to someone they said i didn't look after the bike and was rusting. i know it rusting its been sat around for 9 months course it would rust. they did care and nearly everyone i spoke to spoke to me like dirt was not very happy. than they said i have to send a letter because they cant resolve this, so i have sent a letter to the excellence team or what ever its called guess what no reply so i sent another and no reply again. what the hell am i ment to do i have a £200 bike that is worthless now no one will call, no one will reply to me at all.

Any help would be great
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    If you complained and they failed to resolve it after 8 weeks then complain to the FOS. They will help but it will take time.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    :beer:
  • atacam
    atacam Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks for the info. I have just emailed the address. I wrote them about 2 weeks ago, sent it recorded. It has been delivered. Basically Littlewoods have taken my commission from me as I havent spent it in 6 months. Not happy, this is my money, not theirs, I consider it theft. Customer services were well tough. Lets see what I get back.
  • I am having problems with Very. I ordered 2 washing machines back in July that I never received because they were apparently never in stock and in fact a discontinued model. 2 months down the line with so far 13 phone calls and a letter sent to excellence centre I am no further. They will not remove them from my account.

Can anyone give me maybe a direct phone number or email address for someone higher than just an advisor that will deal with this finally for me? Failing that I will be taking legal action.
  • Was your letter/ call a complaint? If so, you can refer to FOS after 8 weeks of not being resolved.

If not, send them a letter signed for. Complaining about the shoddy service. Also demand compensation for calls and time etc. then just sit back and wait for reply. They probably will respond when they know you will send to FOS. Mention this in your complaint. It worked for me

Life's too short to deal with idiots like these
  • I send them a letter of complaint and said I want a response from them. Sent it recorded, they received it on 19th sept. still haven't had any thing back and they have still not resolved my issue. I've been a customer for several years now, no longer do I wish to use them to say the very least.
  • Send them one more letter saying no final response after 8 weeks of initial complaint date you will be referring to FOS. If still no joy, refer to FOS after 8 weeks are up.
  • our experience is that the lid hinge on the laptop we bought from littlewoods broke (less than 12 months old) we called to claim on insurance to be told, not covered, only covered for parts not damage) and didnt kick in until we had had lap top for 1 year. in fact the customer services representative told us "not my problem".
    We asked if we could cancel insurance, explained that we cant use it as we cant insure a broken item - littlewoods response: you didnt cancel within 60 days you cant have your money back. eventually they agreed to refund 50% of the cost of the unusable insurance and if we could prove we hadnt damaged it would consider giving us the rest back. we were told a cheque would be issued. It was not - instead littlewoods allocated this money against the interest of a "pay nothing for 12 months" item (the broken laptop) - the interest that doesnt technically exist yet as its not 12 months since we bought it.
    The laptop was sent to HP who gave us back a report explicitly saying we had not damaged, dropped or bumped the laptop, that the hinges were faulty.
    We called littlewoods again, who said (eventually) that ok they would refund the rest of the insurance money. We asked about the laptop, asking if they could reduce the amount due as it was a manufacturers fault, littlewoods said someone would call us in the morning (a week ago - surprise surprise no call) so the situation is we were due £205 refund from littlewoods, we owed £499 on a lap top - sensible thinking would say - so there is £294 to pay - not with littlewoods logic, they have put £205 against the interest due should we go over the 12 month interest free period. In order to get this refund therefore we have to pay £499 off the laptop, then AFTER next invoice we can apply to have the money refunded. Anyone understand this logic? tried explaining that this money is due to me - as a refund, that i owe them £499, they owe me £205 the difference is £294 - impossible to get them to understand this, any ideas on where we go from here? They have consistently lied and have explicitly stated "not my problem".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure