Decking Rough Price?

Hi,

I am looking at having decking done over my patio the area is 18ft by 25ft. Does anyone know how much this will cost for supply and installation?>

Cheers,

Comments

• babyangel10
    babyangel10 Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I had my garden decked in April - roughly 22ftx24ft and it was £2000 all in, inc concreting posts in every 3ft, (was raised 18" off the very boggy ground) 2 sets of steps, balustrades and spindles. Well, I say £2000, but it should have been £2500 but he miscalculated at the end :D Oops! Did I tell him? Did I heck!

I think a lot of it depends of the area you live in, but definitely get at least 3 quotes to see what the ballpark figure is, then take it from there.

Good luck - it looks fab when it's down and is sooooo much easier than having grass! :)
  • I purchased decking and joist timbers to cover and area of 18 by 14 last week. I spent £230 and expect to spend about another £100 or so on fittings and blocks etc - I shall be doing it all myself :D

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I purchased decking and joist timbers to cover and area of 18 by 14 last week. I spent £230 and expect to spend about another £100 or so on fittings and blocks etc - I shall be doing it all myself :D

HTH

:eek: Where!?! I want!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • panny300
    panny300 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post
    i would like to know where as well,the cheapest i can find decking and joists to cover 16'x12' is around 400 quid
  • I had a couple of quotes last week and one guy said to work on £50 per square metre installed.
  • I used a local "Reject Timber Yard" (In Ilkeston) Sixty Lengths of 5 3/4 by 8ft decking and nine lengths of 4 by 2 @ 18ft and 2 lengths @ 15 ft They also have newels @ £5 and spindles (various) @ £1 each. Handrails etc are all available.

He did want £3.20 for each length of decking but I got em for £3 and he has other sizes at £3.60 at the moment.

I'm sure that with a bit of combined shopping I could get him down in price even more ;)

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • pusscat
    pusscat Posts: 386 Forumite
    I had a 5.2 x 4.27m hardwood deck installed as part of my garden revamp project.

Hardwood was about £600 for the deck, joist wood, post fix, weed matting, gravel to hold it down, deck screws, deck oil, came in at about £150 via my "man who does". He usues the local builders merchant but gets a good trade discount. I could have used softwood decking planks (much cheaper - more like £300) but I did not want them!

Labour to install - it was part of a much larger project, but I would imagine that just the deck would have been about 1.5 days work for 2 men. My "man who does" charges £15 per hour for himself, plus £10 for "the boy". Total for labour would have been about £300.

Total price would be somewhere in the region of £1000 for just the deck - but we have no spindles, rails, steps or anything else - just a simple square deck. If I had used softwood decking then it would be more like £700, fitted.

Hope this gives you some idea....

Puss
  • Cost to buy the joists and decking approx £20 per m2 so roughly £700 - £800 for your area , you can buy from any of these guys

http://www.nationalbuyinggroup.com/

Labour will depend on where you are but expect to pay a tradesman in region of £200 per day
    I`m now officially too old to die young
  • Where did you get your decking?
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got banned from B&Q because of a misunderstanding over decking.

Walked in and there was a bloke in an orange apron who asked me if I wanted decking. So I hit him first.

Ba doom tish. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport