Sat/Sun 8/9 December - What small DFW things will you do today?

13»

Comments

• Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

RFTA - Hope you feel better now.
    Ally - They ran out quickly as I couldn't find it yesterday when I posted!

Today I have/will:-
    • Food from stores
    • Dinner from meal plan - Chicken tagine & cous cous
    • Charging phone via pc
    • Heating off as long as possible & on low when needed, lots of layers on to keep warm.
    • Daily clicks etc on Sw@gbucks
    • Log calories using free app
    • Check online banking
    • Surveys
    • Declutter & flylady
    • Check for new mystery shopping opportunities
    • Enter some comps
    • Wrap some presents
    • Read Martin's email properly as I didn't get round to this yesterday
    • Pick up photos from Mr T's, framing a couple of wedding photos as cheap xmas gifts for certain family members
    • Need to go to the pet shop...resist bringing home a new fluffy!!
    • Washing on eco setting using less than the recommended dose of washing liquid
    • Hang up to dry
    • Find sellotape so I don't have to buy more, I know I have loads somewhere!
    • Focus on being grateful for what I have, & make it known how much I appreciate certain people & things in my life. A colleague is separating from his wife & it's really hit home how lucky I am, I don't really know if you can call this DFW or not, it kinda is as if we split up we'd have to sell the house & I don't see that happening atm, but I wanted to put it anyway just so anyone else who may have been getting down in the dumps over stupid things can take a fresh look at their lives & appreciate it for how wonderful it really is.
    Have a great, MSE day everyone x
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great kitchen ally :)

Minniemouse (sp) how about targeting notice boards with posters in posh / wealthy areas. Such as church halls, that sort of thing. Or kids day centres. :)

Today:
    A nsd
    A walk in the fresh air away from the shops
    Hubby pumped up his car tyres
    Put some mini snickers in the freezer. So I can't gobble them quickly!
    Found some xmas cards from previous years so we'll use these up this year

:j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 December 2012 at 9:20PM
    Busy day three off work:

~Celebrated Hannukah for me and put up wee Christmas tree we found in the loft for OH.
    There was no base for the tree so we stuck the tree in an upturned cardboard box and covered the box in gift wrap. Added deccies and lights from last year. Doesn't sit quite straight but not bad for £0. Had the lights on for half an hour on a timer.

~OH and I decided not to send each other a card this year. We stumbled across last year's cards and put those up as they were expensive ones with nice sentiments inside. Hung a ribbon from the door (had to iron it first) and stapled cards on. £0.

~Got to bed at 3am. :eek: OH and I spent 21 hours re-decorating the sitting room. The Housing Association had left the walls top half half recent plaster that shed dust and bottom half anaglypta textured wallpaper painted with yellow gloss paint! If it hadn't been for the plaster shedding dust and my OH's asthma we would have left the room as it was for a while. Just painting over it looked hideous and so we had to strip the walls, sand them, then wallpaper over it. Luckily we had loads of sandpaper left over from other projects. (How did we end up with 40 sheets?!) Got two rolls of paper left so we'll take them back to B&M for a refund. Homebase wallpaper calculator (Link) said we'd need 14 rolls of wallpaper. I calculated we'd need 12 rolls to allow for the repeating pattern including 10% extra in case of problems so we bought 12. We actually used 9.5. Moral: Homebase wallpaper calculator calculates 'generously'(!) Found white spirit 'abandoned' in the loft the other day. Perfect for cleaning brushes. Also used half a tin of white gloss found in loft. The tin lid wasn't airtight so half the tin was unusable but managed to salvage half a tin with a little white spirit.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Hello :wave: sadness that the weekend is over :( has not been a good one for me, cringing in shame over getting too drunk at the xmas party.... :o

Anyway small things:

* checked banking
    * agreed to give dd some money for birthday so she can get some shoes
    * NSD yesterday
    * went to oh's parents for dinner in yesterday evening
    * db plastered another wall
    * all meals from stores
    * went shopping and got some reduced items and froze
    * have prepared for hours for job interview tomorrow & worked out a good outfit from my wardrobe :T
    * dug out certificates
    * got soup and bread rolls out of freezer for lunches for tomorrow
    * will iron my clothes soon
    * done a couple of loads of washing - need to hang up the second in a minute
    * think I'm gonna wrap up my gifts in a minute
    * didn't drive my car this weekend :T

That's me! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income