Becoming A Sats Marker

HI I'm a primary teacher and would like to earn some extra money by marking next years KS2 SATs papers (I mark enough for free at work - might as well try to earn some extra cash from it!) Does anyone know the place to apply to?
TIA
"With no money you start to discover your own inner resource" GK Chesterton
2 adults, 3 children

Comments

• mhe wrote: »
    HI I'm a primary teacher and would like to earn some extra money by marking next years KS2 SATs papers (I mark enough for free at work - might as well try to earn some extra cash from it!) Does anyone know the place to apply to?
    TIA

I don't know, they contract it out to companies/agencies but they've just stripped the current one of the job so there isn't anybody in place for next year yet.

I hear it's quite a good line of work to get into for some easy money though, no training needed to establish the standard, no deadlines, no bosses always on the phone to you.:rotfl: (you'll have to forgive the dry sense of humour)
  • I've done SATs marking and it's really hard work for very little reward. they don't pay enough per child to enable you to take the time to mark thoroughly. You'd only end up earning about £6 per hour! When I marked it was five weeks of sheer hell! If you are a qualified teacher why don't you think about private tuition instead!
  • I'd be interested in doing this too; I am not really a teacher but I have done the 7303 and so can teach if that makes sense; I do conflict management and physical restraint instruction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure