How to find £2000 quickly...?

Comments

• Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    I dont htink there is much wrong with the website. I like the fact it is not stuffed full with flash animation like a lot are now. I find a lot of wesite use far too many different things like java, flash etc and the website ends up being too busy and over crowded.

One thing that I like to find out on a website is the cost of the service I am looking at. I know with photographs the cost can depend what the customer wants but haivng some basic prices on there would help.
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • How about this for an example of jpg compression making it look out of focus?
    *link removed*

It just has no distinct sharp edges.. i can't tell where it was meant to be focused on - any way you could have larger versions pop up when you click them?

Just remember - lots of people have broadband now. You've compressed that image down to 45kb .. that's tiny! Double the filesize and barely no one will notice the difference in time it takes to appear, yet the quality will be a lot higher. I will generally never use less than 80% compression on a web image. After all, image is everything - especially on a photography site
  • Hi, thanks for that. I totally get what you mean. The more recent images are'nt as bad, but i need to go through and check all my old ones now to make sure they are all up to scrach!

Oh well, it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers :beer:
  • barrymung
    barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
    I don't think there's an awful lot wrong with the site at all. Perhaps it could do with some adjusting here and there but nothing drastic.

I seems that your business will have local appeal; I assume you won't travel to the other end of the Country to take pictures?

You should therefore advertise locally. Perhaps approach a couple of local schools or brownie groups to see if they'd like to arrange sittings in return for a cut of the profits.

Once you have proven the idea works and is scalable, I see no reason why you couldn't franchise it across the Country, giving each frachisee an exclusive area to operate in.

Edit: Take out a stall at your local school fete to display your portfolio and take bookings. Offer to give 10% of the proceeds to the school or whatever. Display this fact on a big sign-it will go down well with parents..

Arrange sittings in yout local supermarket..etc..etc..the list is endless!
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

ADVERTISING

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: Sorry, this site is free of advertising and we ask people not to advertise their own services/websites/ebay sales (please see this rule). I have asked Board Guides to move any they see. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • No offence, but the link I posted was not to my own website, it was the OPs. Since it is not my own site and I have no links to the OP, how is this advertising? You have not censored the other link i pasted to my wedding photographer.

May I suggest more tact from the board guides
  • How about contacting stage/dance groups too?
  • paulag555
    paulag555 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Daffodil78 wrote: »
    Hello,

Me and my family need £2000 to enable us to move to a bigger house. (We want to girls to have a bedroom each now they are getting older and we also need to a new office!)

I've been reading through some of the ideas on how to generate extra income and I've lots of ideas now.

Just wondered if anyone else could add to the list of suggestions?

My partner and I are both self-employed so we are quite flexible in what we do.

I am a photographer and I am looking at providing new services within my business. One idea is fantasy fairy pictures. I can edit photographs to turn little girls into fairies and other fantasy creatures.

I also thought about making fairy items and ornaments. I have my own websites already that I can sell through so i don't have to outlay much for this.

All thoughts welcome.

Turning little girls into fairies on pictures is a fantastic idea! They would make absolutely lovely gifts!

Paula
  • paulag555
    paulag555 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Jem8472 wrote: »
    I dont htink there is much wrong with the website. I like the fact it is not stuffed full with flash animation like a lot are now. I find a lot of wesite use far too many different things like java, flash etc and the website ends up being too busy and over crowded.

One thing that I like to find out on a website is the cost of the service I am looking at. I know with photographs the cost can depend what the customer wants but haivng some basic prices on there would help.

I agree, I always look for prices with things like this. Just out of interest, how much do you charge for the fairy garden type pictures? Do you come and photograph children or do people send you an existing picture and you create it from that?

Paula
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Adapt the theme. If you can do big pictures for walls why not do smaller ones as personalised birthday party invites, thank you letters, headed stationary for kids.

Try contacting a school PTA and suggesting fairy photos as a fundraising idea, the same with Brownie troops and playgroups. Following on from that its easy enough to print onto t-shirt transfers and iron onto t-shirts, bags, school PE-bags.....
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport