We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• Davesnave wrote: »
    A wee bit less than an acre, I'd say, and a large chunk is pond.
    Surely, if it was a great bargain, it would have sold by now?

I haven't quoted the link because you may want to remove it later. After years of not saying where anything is, Phillip Ling now supplies a map, which also shows pretty much where you are! :eek:

The Petes of this world will always be busy. :)

I was going to say this too, think its best Rozee to remove the link
    Work to live= not live to work
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    hi all

this is not my week ! still probs with bayer !:mad:

my fuel is not coming today but now friday.... they have 2 drivers down and are working flat out..[one fell over on rubbish left by a customer beside her tank and fractured his leg..:o ]

i have cracked a tooth which i found when i slurped my HOT cuppa this morning...:eek:

i have an airport run this afternoon so hope to get dentist app tomorow...no hot tea for me ...:(

mabel decided to go for a walk..:eek: up the road..:eek::eek: i think someone had gone into paddock and RAN out taking fence with them !!?? a bucket of goodies coaxed her back....SLOWLY !
    cars were passing with drivers laughing thier heads off...:D

anyway, it can only get better ??

CTC. at this rate im not gonna make friday but WILL get the shelving to you asap..:)

so peeps, hows your week?? gotta be better than mine :rotfl::rotfl:

the guy that did our new horse fencing is great as well. straight as an arrow and he did a hell of a lot ! ruby demolished the old in places, doesnt know her own strength [but showed how they were just hanging in there....]

anyway..i am freezing here . and desperate for a cuppa so am looking for a straw ...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Oh, I'm sorry, Alf. I hate to laugh at misfortune,but you make it sound hilarious!

That sculpture looks very happy, Dave :rotfl:
  • rozeepozee
    I was going to say this too, think its best Rozee to remove the link
    Wrth cwrs. 'Tis no longer...
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Davesnave wrote: »
    No, but I remember the dinosaur and was sorry to see him go.:(

You'll notice that we are bang up to date with our metric measures around these parts. :D

Have they stopped using yards in other parts of the country then? I think my last trip outside of the county was in 2010 & I can't say I noticed one way or another.
  • rozeepozee
    Have they stopped using yards in other parts of the country then? I think my last trip outside of the county was in 2010 & I can't say I noticed one way or another.
    MY OH gets a bit confused by the bilingual signs and finds it hard to find his way about LOL! He thinks they should put the English first. Which as you can imagine would go down a bomb with my Nash friends ;)
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 December 2012 at 7:22PM
    Whilst on your news search did you see this one, Dave?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-20608628

_64578516_64578510.jpg

I wonder what this Council would make of a sign in local village during the scarecrow festival?

The lollypop had been covered with golden fabric to form a halo, the small sign extended with a stout stick and wreathed in sacking gathered at the "waist" with an old leather belt. Cannot remember if there was a head?

The theme was pop songs and it raised a lot of laughs as well a wry smiles of appreciation for utility and simplicity.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Goodness, you've been busy posting this morning!

Tiffany looks very lissome, for a bronze sculpture :D

Busy morning for us, with DS1 at station for 0715, followed by a trip to a cartographer and map comparisons with 17thC originals. Looks like we are the proud, if temporary, owners of 4 x 17th Century maps :j. If only condition were better, but I'll take originality over condition most days.

Got back to find 2 cheques in the post, so its turning out ok so far this week :)
  • Itismehonest
    Congrats, rhiwie!:j:j:j
    It sounds like you're having alfie's good luck for the week as well as your own.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Tiffany looks very lissome, for a bronze sculpture :D

Actually, now I look properly, I think she may be copper-bottomed. :o

I rather liked her devil-may-care pose, compared with Verity's rather stern appearance. :)

It certainly pays to keep active around here. Let the grass grow under your feet and you might end up like Torrington's other sculpture babe, Tonya, who suffered much the same fate as the 'Lady from Leeds' of limerick fame. A warning to us all, I think. ;)

2vnflz5.jpg
  • Itismehonest
    edited 10 December 2012 at 6:12PM
    Now, if I had an account I could tell them exactly where this was ........ I could but I wouldn't & I haven't so I can't :rotfl:

Edit: Link removed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport