IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Ticket Belfast HELP PLEASE!!

Options

Comments

• SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too got a ticket in Belfast from UKPC, at Yorkgate (Cityside) in January for parking on a paved area that loads of cars were using as the car park was full. If they genuinely wanted people to stop parking there they could easily put up clear signs, bollards or even just traffic cones but they don't because they want people to park there so they can issue phoney PCNs, it's just a cash-cow for them.

I endorse Coupon-Mad's comments, it's not even worth discussing, just ignore ignore, ignore. I am currently onto my 3rd letter from Debt Recovery +, the second was a "Notice of Intended Litigation" (Aye, right!!!) and now laughably the they have a "Reduced Payment Offer". I am patiently waiting the next letter from Zenith Collections (i.e. next desk in the same office) with a further reduced payment offer.

The only line from their letters that had any credibility at all did make me laugh.

"If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we will have no alternative than to assume that you are avoiding making payment" - No S**t Sherlock!!!

Now sit back, relax , and look forward to playing threatogramme bingo with your computer generated letter chains.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • Karl1982
    Karl1982 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hey SevenTowers - i have juste receied the same letter from Zenith saying that they have reduced it from £160 - to 80.00. Ive ignored every letter to date . .. im guessing the next step is .. to IGNORE ??
  • cally_222
    cally_222 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Karl
    Please keep this in your own thread:
    UKPC parking charges at Boucher Crescent ?
    or if its a new ticket then start a new thread, gets too confusing otherwise.
    But anyway, just keep ignoring. My Boucher Road tickets started in 2011 and I'm felling very unloved since I haven't heard anything from UKPC for quite a few months now.
  • Karl1982
    Options
    cally_222 wrote: »
    Hi Karl
    Please keep this in your own thread:
    UKPC parking charges at Boucher Crescent ?
    or if its a new ticket then start a new thread, gets too confusing otherwise.
    But anyway, just keep ignoring. My Boucher Road tickets started in 2011 and I'm felling very unloved since I haven't heard anything from UKPC for quite a few months now.

dead on ! didnt think posting to this would be an issue - dont see much activity on it tbh! :T
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karl1982 wrote: »
    didnt think posting to this would be an issue - dont see much activity on it tbh! :T

However, overall activity on this board is massive and wasting time on dead/bumped threads can mean someone with a live problem might not get helped so well.

You also clearly agreed that you would not bump threads as part of your signup!
  • Karl1982
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    However, overall activity on this board is massive and wasting time on dead/bumped threads can mean someone with a live problem might not get helped so well.

You also clearly agreed that you would not bump threads as part of your signup!

point taken
  • SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A reminder to all in NI, or indeed anywhere in the UK to take a little time to complete this Government Survey about Clamping and Private Parking in NI;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4928662&highlight=

And yes Karl, continue ignoring the parking scammers.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • lolapalola
    Options
    Hi, I just got a ticket for parking in a disabled spot outside Sports Direct.
    Honestly, didn't know because a car pulled out and I drove in. It was really heavy rain and poor visibility.
    Do I pay or appeal? Or do I ignore.
    I was in my mums car and she doesn't want bad credit.

Has anyone ever had to pay.
    Thanks
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Did you bother to read any of the posts in this thread?

Did you bother to read the NEWBIES sticky thread?
  • SevenTowers
    Options
    lolapalola wrote: »
    Hi, I just got a ticket for parking in a disabled spot outside Sports Direct.
    Honestly, didn't know because a car pulled out and I drove in. It was really heavy rain and poor visibility.
    Do I pay or appeal? Or do I ignore.
    I was in my mums car and she doesn't want bad credit.

Has anyone ever had to pay.
    Thanks
    All of the information on this thread is still valid,

1. Don't abuse disabled parking spaces, no excuses.
    2. Ignore them completely and all future correspondence.
    3. Nobody in N.Ireland has ever had to pay, of course many have been fooled into paying.
    4. There is zero risk to yours or your Mums credit rating.

DO NOT POST on this thread, if you want your individual questions answered just start a new thread of your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure