PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the lists I'm in xx

Daily routines
    washing, T W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen M T W T F S S
    bathroom, M T W T F S S
    ironing, M T W T F S S
    making beds, M T W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, M T W T F S S
    making meals M T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, M T W T F S S
    making lunches, T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen M T W T F S S
    tidying the living room M T W T F S S

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Cuppa first then on with decorating the tree........
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Been flapping like a good 'ne this morning so all of upstairs tidy and DS1 room dusted. Cleaned the shower room, tidies the LR, emptied bins and recycling.

Replied to one email just need to do another and then check my list before heading out to the shops
    I'm in!

I've been decluttering so that I can begin to flylady :j
    So 5 mins in living room and 10 mins in hallway and stairs
    The stairs are very cluttered :(

Please spend your time doing the stairs we don't want any accidents.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Any spare vibes please ladies for one of my friends. She has found a lump and is getting checked out tonight. A mum in our children's class sadly passed away last week due to breast cancer so my friend is very worried. That is two children in our year group who have lost a mum to cancer and one in the year below all within the last 2 years, so sad.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh no DK, I hope its nothing sinister.

It's frightening all these little ones losing a parent, so cruel. I don't know how well you know the childrens fathers, but there is the WAY foundation which is for "widowed and young" people, and I've found it to be a lifeline this year. The good thing is, the children are involved too, so they get to meet other kiddies who have suffered the same loss.

HTH xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Positive vibes being wished for your friend Dusty. We have a class at our local primary school who have lost 2 parents in the last 2 years, plus another Mum from the same class is also dealing bravely with cancer at the moment. For a small village school, it is a huge percentage, and they are parents to 11 children between them, so it makes for a lot of sad children.

I don't know where my last HH went to - well I do, I sat on here instead :o - so now I am definitely moving my rump and battering on.
    Anyone in with me?????

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [/QUOTE=Dustykitten;discussion/4323169]Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room[/QUOTE]
    I got the vacuum out without realising and before I'd finished clearing the stairs of clutter. That's the non methodical way I work hence an untidy house :o
    But Living room floor decluttered. Bottom of stairs clutter sorted into piles and put upstairs. I'll attack the rest/top of the stairs bit by bit/next week.
    :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm joing you TMD.......I've done pretty much the same here!!!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please spend your time doing the stairs we don't want any accidents.
    You're absolutely right. It's because the upstairs spare rooms are cluttered that stuff has nowhere to go. But generally it does, it just takes effort. Sending positive vibes your friends way.

Trulymadlydeeply_indebt I'm so out of flylady habits but HH is that half hour? I'll join you for the last 15 mins now. And get some more cr.p off of the stairs!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • ZCC72
    ZCC72 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Hi All,

I'm in again - and will use this post as my Master List. I'm on a deadline this week, so it will be hit & miss, but I will do all I can......

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)[/STRIKE] No tree :-)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

p.s. Any knitters out there? Yarnwise magazine are running a competition to win a 6 month subscription (great Christmas pressie!) - hop over to https://www.facebook.com/Yarnwise, click on the box marked 'WIN!' and follow the instructions. Good luck!
    :A FLY FIRST, KNIT LATER :A
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend's worries, Dusty. I hope she has some good news really quickly.

Last week went completely to pot towards the end (and it wasn't much cop at the beginning) because the dog had a bad turn. She's stable and on the right path to recovery (fingers crossed) but it threw me for six. She's had a walk, done what she needed to do on it, had three lots of medication and a meal already today When she's feeling grim she sleeps in until 4.00pm!

I've got a lot of Flying to do today, so, anyone care to join me at 11.00am for a HH?
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport