PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Very Creased Curtain fabric

Please Everyone out there, can anyone help ?
I know this is probably not the right place .. but....
I have bought some really nice cream chenile cord fabric for curtains,swags and tails. I got it from the local market bargain at £2 per metre but i bought it on a damp day and the silly person on the market screwed it up when he put it in the bag. so now that i have come to use it it is creased to high heaven. I have pressed it but just can't get the creases out. :mad:
Has anyone got any tips please.

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Have you got a shower rail? You could hang it over that and when you have a bath, let the steam work the creases into "dropping" out.

How many mtrs did you buy?

Did you "spritz" it with some water as you ironed it?

Have you tried ironing it with some brown paper (parcel paper) over the top?

One more thing ... because it has a 'pile' you don't want to iron it on a hard ironing board ... put a fluffy white towel over the ironing board first so the 'pile' doesn't get flattened.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • sarah1
    sarah1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Thanks queenie,
    I have got 14 metres of fabric. i have cut the curtains out which is four lengths of 88 inches. and the rest is for the swags and tails.
    I have sprayed them with water when i lightly pressed them, I haven't got a shower curtain rail but i can see where your coming from. I will try brown paper if you think that will work.
    thanks
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    I've used the 'easy iron' type fabric softener diluted in a spray bottle, then sprayed the curtains before ironing them - might be worth a try?
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Try hanging the curtains damp, the weight of the curtain should pull the creases out as they dry, if this doesn't work then use your iron as a steamer while they are hanging, just hold the iron close to the curtains and use the blast of steam facility on them.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family