DLA not been paid??

Options
my dla is due to be paid today and hasent its always been paid every 4 weeks.
im really confused and cant find out until 7.30 why it hasent been, anyone got any idea??
thanks
rach x

Comments

• NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    There are so many reasons it could be - rather than speculate its probably best just to wait until 7.30 and find out from DWP.
  • charlie..._7
    Options
    weve not been paid jsa due today either, this is the 2nd time this has happened in 6 weeks, i had to get a crisis loan last time, i cant do that again. they say its due to the amount of new claimants and them being behind, but thats hardly our fault.
  • rachel6188
    rachel6188 Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iv just been told theyv sent it to a different account and its going to take a week to get paid back to me.
    any ideas what i can do??
    x
  • rachel6188
    Options
    any ideas???
    the thing thats got me is the fact that they said they cant pay it even though they know the moneys been paid to the wrong account and are waiting for it to come back.
    xx
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    If it's always been paid every 4 weeks to the same bank account how can it suddenly be sent to a different account, where have they got this new account from? I hope you haven't had any direct debits due in the next few days that would need the money.

If you can't wait a week for them to sort it out and pay you could you ask them if they'd send a giro? I don't know if they would but it's worth a try.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • rachel6188
    Options
    my claim is up for review and i changed the account details and it wasnt meant to change til may but they have put those account details in wrong.
    x
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the excuses these people come up with for incompetence .. grr .

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • rachel6188
    Options
    exactly...sooo angry x
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    rachel6188 wrote: »
    my claim is up for review and i changed the account details and it wasnt meant to change til may but they have put those account details in wrong.
    x
    I'm sorry I really don't know what to suggest, it's awful when something like this happens. Most people on benefits rely on the payments arriving on time and don't have spare money lying around to tide them over.

I've always kept the same bank account for my OH's benefits, I've always been too afraid to change it incase it messed his payments up.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • rachel6188
    Options
    my oh was the one who pushed me to change it to my account...duno why.
    im going to see what i can do today..the dla said they cant help in anyway...its a disgrace
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport