resignation letter for not returning after maternity

2»

Comments

• tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also some companies won't issue you with a P45 this close to the end of the tax year but will give you a P60 instead - especially if you are paid monthly.

An employer MUST provide a P45 regardless of when you leave.
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • MummyHol
    MummyHol Posts: 287 Forumite
    I was paid 6 weeks at 90% of my normal pay and 33 weeks at SMP because my son was due after the increase in paid weeks last year.

There wasn't any mention of a minimum return to work time in the t & c's they sent when i informed them of my pregnancy.

Thanks for the info on P45/P60
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MummyHol wrote: »
    I was paid 6 weeks at 90% of my normal pay and 33 weeks at SMP because my son was due after the increase in paid weeks last year.

There wasn't any mention of a minimum return to work time in the t & c's they sent when i informed them of my pregnancy.

Thanks for the info on P45/P60

In which case you were paid the statutory minimum and will not be required to pay any back :D
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • MummyHol
    thats a relief :dance: , thanks
  • lala03
    lala03 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi all, Please help me. I've been on Maternity leave since Dec 5th 07 and I need to hand in my notice, so that i can find a job closer to home. I contacted my work to inform them that i would like to take the full 9 mth smp leave. With there reply they said it would end in August and to let them know of the date i would like to return. I've figure this to be the 27th aug. Does anyone know if it would be ok for me to give my notice now and still get my full smp till this date or should i wait until theres eight wks left then give it in. Theres also holiday to take into account but i'm not quite sure how to work that out. x
  • MummyHol
    Personally i would wait to hand in notice. Your HR dept should work out how much holiday you're owed and put it in your last pay packet after your leave date. (obviously i'm only going by what my company did there) Hope this helps x
  • lala03
    lala03 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thank you for getting back to me.
  • Jenna3
    Jenna3 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Hi I was reading the replys on handing in your notice after your marternity leave and I am in the same situation and needs a little help. I sent an email to my boss about 4-6 weeks agao asking if there was any charnce I could work from home and come into the office every so often and noted the benefits it would bring to the company ect but he never got back to me at all. To be honest I think they would want me to leave as the company are making lots of cut backs they didn't even get anyone in to cover me while on marternity. So I am going to write a letter as my marternity leave (unpaid) finishes on 24th September 2011 also I need to add that I want them to pay me my holiday pay that is owing to me also. Where do I start?? Please help if you can.

Many thanks
  • Uncertain
    Uncertain Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    Unless you feel it is in your interest it is not actually necessary to give any reason for your resignation.

All you need to do is give the correct amount of notice that you are leaving on XX/YY/ZZZZ.

Should they fail to send you anything that is due you can pursue it as necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure