Littlewoods Catalogue ppi reclaim

Hi
I have just received my SAR from Littlewoods and found that I had been paying their ppi insurance [callled extra care premiums] for years. I have worked out that I have paid £644 between 2003 and 2006. {Im sure that I paid before 2003 but cant go back any further}. :eek:

How do I go about claiming that back?
Do I write asking first without putting how much I am claiming down or do I just tell them what I have calculated adding interest to the total and asking for that back?

Oh I know it was mis sold I wasnt in employment so couldnt have made a claim.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi
    I have just received my SAR from Littlewoods and found that I had been paying their ppi insurance [callled extra care premiums] for years. I have worked out that I have paid £644 between 2003 and 2006. {Im sure that I paid before 2003 but cant go back any further}. :eek:

How do I go about claiming that back?
    Do I write asking first without putting how much I am claiming down or do I just tell them what I have calculated adding interest to the total and asking for that back?

Oh I know it was mis sold I wasnt in employment so couldnt have made a claim.

Thanks in advance

If you follow the step by step template letters, they dont actually make reference to asking for a specific sum just all the premiums paid plus the 8% interest a court would award. So I would go along with this and if they offer a lower amount you can always come back at them with the figure you have calculated. Although they will probably come back with a higher figure anyway.

Incidentally let us know how you get on with littlewoods as quite a few of us have got reclaims with Littlewoods going on and be warned that they will deny deny deny leaving you will no alternative than to FOS / Court action them.

But do not be disheartened and carry on regardless of there responses.

Good luck.
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • government_slave
    government_slave Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2009 at 3:11PM
    barloo69 wrote: »
    If you follow the step by step template letters, they dont actually make reference to asking for a specific sum just all the premiums paid plus the 8% interest a court would award. So I would go along with this and if they offer a lower amount you can always come back at them with the figure you have calculated. Although they will probably come back with a higher figure anyway.

Incidentally let us know how you get on with littlewoods as quite a few of us have got reclaims with Littlewoods going on and be warned that they will deny deny deny leaving you will no alternative than to FOS / Court action them.

But do not be disheartened and carry on regardless of there responses.

Good luck.

Thanks barloo69

Will start claim today.

I have 2 claims going already with the shop direct group - Great Universal and Empire Stores, but Littlewoods is the first SAR I have received.

They are a hard nut to crack!

Great Universal refused point blank to admit they mis sold me PPI so that is with the FOS at present [however the FOS take a while ive waited now 5 months]

Empire Stores are just trying to mess me around I wrote to them in Bradford re misselling and received replies from shop direct Liverpool, then I got a letter from Liverpool saying that I had to make my claim to Bradford as it was nothing to do with Liverpool. I am currently waiting for SAR from them. They are however refusing to give a final response knowing without one I cannot go FOS.

The FOS are busy with me I was successful with a claim against Littlewoods Credit Card however they have refused to pay me the refund after the balance was paid off. They have actually made a credit on the credit card [which you are not supposed to have] I cant even use the money as the card was cancelled some time ago.

Good Luck with your claim
  • Hello,

I wonder if anybody could advise me on an issue I have with Littlewoods catalogue. After having putting in a claim for mis sold ppi to Littlewoods I was told that they would not pay out. Even though I had no idea that I had been paying into ppi for nearly 15 years. The Financial ombudsman can not help due to regulation issues. Has anyone managed to succesfully get money back from any catalogues and if so how did you do it? I am really stuck and don't know what my next step should be. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Mel
  • davo1505
    davo1505 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Im having the same problem with them, despite them saying I didnt exist, I sent them account statements for a 10 year period, then silence and no further responses, so Martin how can we resolve this?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The Financial ombudsman can not help due to regulation issues. I am really stuck and don't know what my next step should be.
    davo1505 wrote: »
    so Martin how can we resolve this?
    Martin Lewis sold this site some time back and no longer takes any active role in the forums. He won't be responding to your query.

Prior to January 2005, Littlewoods was not regulated for the sale of general insurance. If the sale of your PPI was prior to that then Littlewoods don't even have to consider your complaint. I expect this is why you've heard no more from them after the initial rejection.

You have no access to the Financial Ombudsman either.

This thread is from 2009.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I cant see how anyone at all can say 'I didn't know I was paying it'.

You would have signed at the very beginning of the contracted to say 'yes' you agree to it.

The PPI payment would also be on every single monthly statement that you have received on a separate line. Itemised.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    McKneff wrote: »
    I cant see how anyone at all can say 'I didn't know I was paying it'.
    Pre-regulation, even valid complaint reasons are moot anyhow as they don't have to even be considered.
  • Hello, I have had a Littlewoods catalogue account from when it was John Moores so for about 30yrs. Is it worth putting in a claim?
    Thank you
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello, I have had a Littlewoods catalogue account from when it was John Moores so for about 30yrs. Is it worth putting in a claim?
    Thank you

Do you have PPI on it?
    If so, why do you feel it was miss-sold?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure