PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

There is a Better Cleaner Than Stardrops

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    does the glass on the oven door as well

do mine with one of those white scourers for non stick pans
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • KittyKate
    KittyKate Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    I have to admit, I hate Stardrops (the shame!) I find it far too bubbly (even when I use only a drop) and just not for me when it comes to cleaning kitchen, bathroom etc.

I use flash all in one (yellow bottle for £1 lasts me months) to do the whole house. I've never heard of barkeeper's friend before!
  • well you've all convinced me to buy some, so when i next run out of stardrops i'm going to give it a go :D or better still convince my mum that she should try it and then pinch some :rotfl:

xxx
  • katthehat
    katthehat Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    I'll make room for it in my cupboard next to stardrops, will get some tomorrow.....never heard of it or noticed it before, but willing to give it a go!

Thanks!
    Kat :money:
  • KittyKate wrote: »
    I have to admit, I hate Stardrops (the shame!) I find it far too bubbly (even when I use only a drop) and just not for me when it comes to cleaning kitchen, bathroom etc.

I use flash all in one (yellow bottle for £1 lasts me months) to do the whole house. I've never heard of barkeeper's friend before!

I'm a secret hater of StarDrops too.....I thought I was the only one but I just find I use gallons of water to get the suds off!

But the damn bottle lasts forever and I can't get to the end of it!:rotfl:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    jordylass wrote: »
    I've wondered if this would move the metal marks off my porcelain sink. Is it suitable for porcelain?

Very much so. Has anyone tried it yet.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Re Stardrops being too bubbly - I only use about two tablespoons of Stardrops in a whole spray bottle topped up with water. Everything seems to get clean but I don't have a bubble problem. Are some of you using too much maybe???
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    love barkeepers too and also the "green" cleaning putty from tesco :)
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • Jei70
    Jei70 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does it smell better, i.e. less chemically than Stardrops? Even when diluted, I almost choke on the chemical vapour it emits!
    Cogito, ergo sum.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    soft water will make things bubble more - like shampoo so maybe stardrops is better for people with medium to hardwater. I hardly get any bubbles from mine with a good squirt in a bucket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure