PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Aaargh! I don't know where to start! I have my usual sofa and desk of doom in the lounge - why does "stuff" seem to breed in certain places?

I think a mug of tea is called for and then if anyone is up for a half hour "blitz" at 11.30? :p
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    [STRIKE]
    Clear the floor of clutter
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)[/STRIKE]
    i am now totally puffed out! Stairs are now much safer (thanks for the [STRIKE]nag [/STRIKE]advice Dustykitten. The only things left on there are some picture which hubby needs to put up and shoes at the bottom. I've not found a suitable storage thing to put shoes into thats compact. I've got 3 pairs there so its me whos the messy one there. :o

Is the landing usually covered on a different day? Please say YES!!

I might join the 11.30am blitz to move the tree from the landing to downstairs and bag up some other bits to store.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • The_Dragon wrote: »
    I think a mug of tea is called for and then if anyone is up for a half hour "blitz" at 11.30? :p

I will, enforced day at home with poorly DS, and want to get something out of the extra day here...
    Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.... life is a WIP.

Snowball says too far away, working hard to bring it forward.
  • sabs10
    sabs10 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Hi All,

have been MIA for a couple of weeks, think my get up & go took a holiday lol. Anyhow DDs have been pestering all weekend to put decs up, so have completely gutted living room of clutter, currently washing window ready to do my normal window display with tree & lights (have a bay window - so suited for a tree). Thought i pop on here to help with motivation.

Here's my list, will add any extras as i think of them

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out
    "Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" Forest Gump
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'll join you Dragon. I'm on a roll here.
    Better is good enough.
  • Trulymadlydeeply_indebt I'm so out of flylady habits but HH is that half hour? I'll join you for the last 15 mins now. And get some more cr.p off of the stairs!

That's spot on mineallmine -

HHE/HHI/HHC/HHG - Half Hour Exercise/Ironing/Cleaning/Gardening etc., etc.,

I've just sat down from mine - went on a bit longer than expected, but I now have a tidy kitchen, pots done, floor swept and mopped, microwave and hob done. Hoovered lounge, hallway and DS room (it's downstairs) and mopped the bathroom and wooden floorboards in the lounge.

The children have found tealights in shed and restocked all the xmas candle paraphernalia, plus collected wood and coal from garage store. Whilst I was on a roll I also rejigged all the 4 gang sockets in the Lounge room as I am sick of tripping up over wires, especially when I'm carrying the laundry basket and I can't see them!

Going to put the kettle on and make DD an eye test appointment as we received a reminder at the weekend.

Feeling really motivated today - I may even pull off all the manky sealant around the bath and kitchen units and put fresh on - after all, the tube has only been sitting there 6 months :D

Sweating like Grand National horse after all that mopping, so will save relighting the fire until later on.

Heads down and batter on!

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • found my floor in the bedroom, but more to do - dump & charity shop trips are going to be needed, I'm being strong!
    Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.... life is a WIP.

Snowball says too far away, working hard to bring it forward.
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks TMD. That sounds like a productive slot of time for you :)

I've brought the tree down in bits. Cleared a box of very old bills. Doing flylady is definitely helping with the declutter challenge.

I will defiitely stop now though as I'm shattered. Best of luck everyone :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi

I was debating whether to declare myself "in" this week; it'll just be rather pathetic fluttering, I'm afraid.:o
    Any spare vibes please ladies for one of my friends. She has found a lump and is getting checked out tonight. A mum in our children's class sadly passed away last week due to breast cancer so my friend is very worried. That is two children in our year group who have lost a mum to cancer and one in the year below all within the last 2 years, so sad.
    *Grabs armful of vibes and sends them on way to Dusty's friend* I can't begin to think how scary that must be.
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Last week went completely to pot towards the end (and it wasn't much cop at the beginning) because the dog had a bad turn. She's stable and on the right path to recovery (fingers crossed) but it threw me for six. She's had a walk, done what she needed to do on it, had three lots of medication and a meal already today When she's feeling grim she sleeps in until 4.00pm!
    Another armful of vibes on their way for the Woofer - you know I can't ignore an animal in difficulties.:o

All our cards are written,:T and Mr LW took the last of the ones for posting with him to get rid of on his way to work this morning - the ones for hand delivery are in the little "To Do" tray on my desk.
    We do this because we need ours to get to their destination before 21st December.;) Also, Mr LW was on a roll yesterday for writing the wretched things - all I had to do was sign my name on them and mark them off on the spreadsheet - so I wasn't going to stop him!:rotfl: We actually ran out, but we had a few general purpose cards (or "generous purple" as Mr LW calls it, daft beggar) that were Yule-y enough to do the job.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Okay the sofa is half cleared, I need to swap my handbag over and then the "posh" one can get put away for a while.

Next stage, bundle up a package to send to The Netherlands and take some books upstairs. Hmm trying to decide whether to order a shredder or not - if I don't I get another NSD, if I do I can start getting rid of a load of paperwork :think:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport