PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Multi-Cooker - any good?

I've been sent a clothing catalogue and the introductory offer seems too good to be true - all I have to do is order anything from it and they will give me a free "Multi-cooker", normally worth £30 (they say). For £2.99 they will include a griddle plate.

It looks a bit like a small crockpot (only 1.3L) but cooks a bit faster I should imagine. I remember my sister having something like this about 30 years ago, which was okay for stewing, frying, table-top cooking.

Just wondered if anyone has one of these, and whether they are suitable for making meat-free meals. I'd blow £10 on a T-shirt if I thought the freebie would merit the outlay!

It says on the paperwork that the offer code is not transferable, but if anyone wants to order a catalogue in their own right, then please pm me for details. They have a website which you could check out for starters.
:D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I would kill for another one of these. I had one that had a plug in element but lost the element when I moved house. It's a brilliant gadget. Something that I'd have no hesitation in buying again.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Sounds great... all we need to know is which company we write to for a catalog, or which website we could register for one... if you don't include your discount code it should be OK to post the contact details here. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've got one - great little item it is too. Although mine didn't come with the griddle plate and after complaining and being sent 2 more - i sort of realised that they all seem to be missing...but it's still a great freebie.

There was no minimum spend when I got one so I ordered a gift box at 99p, I had a code for free p&p too so ended up quids in!

I've used mine about 6 times in the 3 months I've had it - it is small but very handy when you're only wanting to do a small portion of something. I made a chicken curry in mine the other day, kids wont eat it and only had enough ingredients to make a small portion - handy!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    It's La Redoute - www.redoute.co.uk

They seem to change the promotion offers pretty regularly, so get in quick! The offer wasn't evident on the website, I got it through the post, and I have no idea where they got my name and address from.

Probably worth joining and getting a catalogue anyway - they seem the sort of company that works hard to woo new customers!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Bogof_Babe wrote:
    It's La Redoute - www.redoute.co.uk

They seem to change the promotion offers pretty regularly, so get in quick! The offer wasn't evident on the website, I got it through the post, and I have no idea where they got my name and address from.

Probably worth joining and getting a catalogue anyway - they seem the sort of company that works hard to woo new customers!

I've been ordering from them for more than a year now and they are always offering discounts and free gifts. I just sent an order and got 20% offf everything and a free coolbag/picnic set. This week I got a letter apologising for the poor telephone order line (even though I always order online) and offering me £10 off anything with free p&p. New hoodie for son#2 for £3 with a code for 10% off my next order. And I only ever order one or two things from each ctalogue.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    oops I got mine back last year. And I sold it on ebay as I thought it was something I would never use.

Wish I had kept it as it was free. Then I would have know if a slow cooker was for me or not.

So can't tell you how good it was or not. Sorry.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I loved mine, you could do a lovely fry up for breakfast, make pate for lunch and cook a stew for tea :D The body is sat in my cellar and I look forlornly at it every time I venture down there. I keep hoping I'll find the element jobbie when I look round boot sales.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    I got one.. (*ahem*)... of these last time they were on offer but have never got around to using it, (*them*), yet...sorry!!
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    So is it worth having one even though I've got a slow cooker?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Just a word of warning - I ordered from La Redoute on a promise of this multicooker and I didn't get it because it was "out of stock" although they evidently have plenty to offer customers since then! In its place I got a really cruddy cheapo plastic phone. :mad:

I'm not out of pocket because I ordered some swimming trunks that my little boy genuinely needed, but I would advise against ordering something you don't want/need just to get a freebie that isn't guaranteed.

*fingers crossed* for anyone who orders one because it seems like a good offer :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure