Benefit payments over Christmas

Options
Hi, could anyway please tell me the benefit payment dates for Christmas? My usual date for my DLA falls on December 25th and as this is a bank holiday i'm not sure when the payment will go in. Have tried to get hold of the DLA but have been on hold for a while so thought i'd ask here. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Horseunderwater
    Options
    21st DECEMBER
  • SPELLKASTER
    Options
    i'm in the uk, and i should get my esa and dla on the 2nd january. shoul i get this on the 31st december instead!!??
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have a question about JSA over Christmas.

I am due to sign on Tuesday 18th, and will get my payment into my bank account on 21st.

My nexy sign on date after that will be Tuesday 1st Jan (a bank holiday). So does anyone have any idea what date i will have to sign on instead of the 1st Jan?
    It wont be Sat, Sun or Mon (the 29th, 30th, 31st Dec) as its the weekend and the monday is another BH.

Any ideas please?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    they will tell you on the 18th
  • tanyamumof3
    Options
    21st DECEMBER

I am due payments on 25th and was told 24th :exclamati:
    Need to find time for more comping
    Trying to lose weight through Slimming world
  • ibhunny
    Options
    my DLA is due on the 28th December (2012) will I get paid earlier on that datem, or earlier? Does anyone know if the departments holiday's cover this date. ibhunny
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    should be paid on the 28th
  • Patronus
    Patronus Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    I'm due on the 26th and rang this morning and was told payments have been sent out and it will be in my bank on the 21st.

HTH
    :beer:
    ~
    Heaven's heard me calling. The stars have all aligned.
  • joyce341
    Options
    There is a gov.uk site how and when payments made ,
    it tells you over christmas,if i remember correct,
    JSA,ESA,Disability,Carers,Pensions,due on 24,25,26, paid on 21st but not,pension credit this will be paid on 24th and it said for tax credits due on those days,paid on 24th and pension credit.
    you can find it in search engine,other info on there for 31st payment dates,hope this helps.
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I have a question about JSA over Christmas.

I am due to sign on Tuesday 18th, and will get my payment into my bank account on 21st.

My nexy sign on date after that will be Tuesday 1st Jan (a bank holiday). So does anyone have any idea what date i will have to sign on instead of the 1st Jan?
    It wont be Sat, Sun or Mon (the 29th, 30th, 31st Dec) as its the weekend and the monday is another BH.

Any ideas please?

Since when has New Years Eve been a Bank Holiday?
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport