Ideal Isar Boiler 2 years old and kaput!!!

Comments

• 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Thanks for the clarification eliteheat, I thought that I had finally forgotten everything that I knew about the subject.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • My boiler has decided that as it is snowing, it would be a great time to break down. It was only fitted in October 2006.

According to my BIL it is looking like the PCB unit has packed in meaning no power to the boiler.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the IDEAL ISAR HE24 boiler?

It was installed under the Warmfront scheme but I believe the warranty ended in October 2008.

My Isar HE 30 boiler warranty also ran out in October 2009. It has just sprung a leak. I can't find anyone interested in fixing it under £240.00 initial call out charge. Out rageous, they ought to be bombed out of business. They are producing sub-standard equipment and allowing them to be installed, knowing that they will break down.:mad::mad:
  • just replaced my pcb on my ideal/evo after 14mtns from new.original pcb £180 & luckily i fitted it my self.what a pile of toot..ps did contact ideal but not interested
  • The Isar boards often blow due to a leak from the auto air vent, or the combustion chamber seal.

Its a very badly designed layout, but it means that the probelm may more than just the board
  • Help!!! How soon after taking out the extra yearly insurance offerred can i call to make a claim. I haven't received my renewal documents, my free 2 yr guarantee ended some weeks ago and i took out a new policy but now my boiler is tripping off my sockets.
  • Why is the goverment yet again, giving grants to firms, that supply a bad product at a high price, will this goverment make them pay back or replace the boilers with one that works more than 6 months without paying out £240.00 each time, we have two babys one at 12 weeks and one a 23 months and have no hot water, and do not think we can afford there price for months, what happens then, willthe trading standards be bothered? or goverment? because warmfront are not!
  • dave7761
    dave7761 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 2 December 2011 at 2:38PM
    I have the isar the symptom that i have is that the display is not showing any details (no power to it) does this mean the PCB has gone down ???

I have now managed to source a PCB as that is what seems to be the problem. The guy who sold it to works for Ideal he told me they come from Koria & cost £8.00 each yet Ideal want to charge £240.00 I would say that is extortion !!!!
  • We had to fit a new PCB on one of these last week! Reading this it may be the first of many... The PCB for this boiler is expensive, I think it was about £230 including VAT and delivery, and then there's the labour to fit it.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Worth trying CET for a recon PCB: I used them last year for a Sime board.
    http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Anne3333
    Anne3333 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Snap, my Isar PCB also went at 2 years and 2 months, so just out of warranty. I wouldn't buy another boiler from Ideal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure