Budget Planner Spreadsheet Help Thread

Comments

• polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ah, no you were right. It's working now. Thank you very much
  • hi
    i am totally new to this site but its just what i am looking for. however, i have tried to use the budget planner but it doesn't allow me to insert numbers. i read the other threads and can't seem to see if there is any solution any help would be appreciated
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Dimarian
    I had the same prob and turned out I wasnt downloading correctly. Instead of clicking on it like you normally do to download, you need to right click and save as (some new systems quote "save target as" then choose a place on your pc to save it to. I saved mine on the desktop, have only had it two days and have been into it a number of times.
  • mjk_2
    mjk_2 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Hi,

I've downloaded the spreadsheet and am able to use it on my pc. However, I just tried to email my updated version to my brother (I'm trying to help him sort out his budget), and it didn't send. I got a message saying:

Some of the files could not be found and could not be attached to the message. Would you like to send the message anyway?

I hit "yes", and the message was sent without the attachment. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it not possible to email it? I was hoping we'd be able to send it backwards and forwards between us as we made changes and suggestions.

Thanks for any help.
  • polkadot wrote: »
    Hi All

Re need for password to unlock spreadsheet -

Just wondering if you've found a solution yet, as I've hit the same problem, though I definitely did right click and 'save as'. Frustrating!
  • Speranza wrote: »
    polkadot wrote: »
    Hi All

Re need for password to unlock spreadsheet -

Just wondering if you've found a solution yet, as I've hit the same problem, though I definitely did right click and 'save as'. Frustrating!

Exactly the same problem! :confused:
  • I have now right clicked several times and am still getting the protected item message and i need a password. Twice when I've opened the download its just been gobbledegook that has opened. Do I need to go through internet explorer instead of Mozilla Firefox? I've been trying for over an hour and I really really really am right clicking.:huh:
  • You might have to download this if you haven't got excel

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-office-software
  • Dear allthewaysindebt

Thanks for that but I do have excel and I clicked on your link and there was so much info on that page, nothing that seemed to be anything to click on to down load, seemed more of a forum. I've worked 110 hrs in the last 2 wks, I just want to be able to get on with it. Please help.:think:
  • Thanks again. I finally managed to download the link. It took the best part of an hour. I then downloaded the budget planner again and am still getting gobbbledegook.
    this is so frustrating as it's clearly a brilliant thing and my friend had no problem with the download. I have tried all suggestions and done it through internet explorer and mozilla firefox and none of it works. Really fed up now. I did the online one but as I couldn't print it or save it that also has wasted my time.
    Willing to try one more suggestion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport