shower puffs that don't fall apart?

i have started using shower puffs instead of face cloths to make shower gel last longer. However, i need recommendations for puffs that don't fall apart within a week or two! i don't think i'm overly aggressive with them, as the ones i purchased outside of the UK lasted a long time.

So far i've tried:
- Superdrug cheap puff ~93p (fell apart in three days)
- Superdrug more expensive puff ~£1.24 (starting to fall apart within 7 days)

i know there are loads i haven't tried yet, but can anyone suggest some brands? These little things add up... & i don't want to pay nearly £2 or more for something that will just fall apart like the cheap ones.

(i've tried to retie and/or mend them, but it's fairly pointless. The mesh just comes undone again in the next shower.)

Comments

• Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How do you mean 'fall apart'?
    All the shower puffs I've used have always become 'loser' after a few uses, but retain their basic form for months, if not years.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • My body shop one is still as good as when i first got it (maybe 3 years ago) and i use it twice a day ;)
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Doh! I thought the title said 'Sugar puffs that don't fall apart' :o
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • Raksha wrote: »
    How do you mean 'fall apart'?
    All the shower puffs I've used have always become 'loser' after a few uses, but retain their basic form for months, if not years.

Well, the mesh just slipped out of the tie on the last two i used - once part of it came out, the entire puff became loose and eventually unraveled.

Before these last two, i had never a problem either - the puffs stayed together for a really long time. i just thought to ask since i was living in the States when i started using puffs. Only these last two (bought in UK) fell apart... maybe i just need to try a different shop?
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The one that I bought from Boots a few years ago lasted ages. I now use one that I got last year in New Zealand - rather a long way for you to go and get one, I admit!!! :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    body shop all the way...

for total money saving i used them to clean the bath with once I am finished with them. great job they make of it too.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My Wilkos ones are great too! And the cheapy ones my OH got in a cash n carry are good as well. Never had one fall apart on me - had them ripped apart tho - my cats love playing with them! LOL!
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Tesco sometimes have them, 5 in a pack (Coral body puffs), in those £1 boxes on the end of the aisles. I bought some a few months ago and they last far longer than one I bought from Bodycare before. The best one I've had so far was in an Olay gift set but that eventually unravelled.
  • shellsuit wrote: »
    Doh! I thought the title said 'Sugar puffs that don't fall apart' :o
    :rotfl::rotfl:can't stop laughing at that!!!!
    ikea do great shower puffs, packs of 3, i think there about £1.50, ive had mine aaaaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeesssssss:D
    • whoops!! sealed pot opened!!! for holiday stuff, £360, an i BLEW it:D
  • Isntit worrying to have a puff in your shower in the firstplace:confused:
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure