PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Drying oranges for decorations

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Jumping on this band wagon also, airing cupboard for me too, DS and Dogs would have great fun otherwse. Mum just grabbed mine at aldi 75p for bag :money:Haribo, where the blooming heck do i find cloves :confused:? :o
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Zippy One of the dogs is a Labrador so in other words is a canine dustbin :rotfl::rotfl: I had to retrieve one of DD's epilepsy tablets from her this morning as she pounced as soon as she saw DD drop it :eek::eek::eek: Luckily I saw it happen as even though they're both insured it could have been deadly for her.

Edited to add: Bargainbird Cloves are in with the herbs & spices usually.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    oh my word , that would have been such a disaster! EEK!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Thanks SG ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Last Night I noticed Homemade Kirsty had some dried whole oranges that reminded me about this but before I could start slicing, OH had peeled a couple & was eating them... so I joined in :p

Now I must find some more bargain oranges!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Chatsworth House had whole dried lemons on some of their christmas trees. I have three drying in the airing cupboard suspended from the shelves in mesh bags so am hoping they'll turn out ok.
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,718
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    These I saw in Fortnums ,three small slices in a net bag along with a small stick of cinnamon priced at £8.00.Needless to say I didn't buy any but did mine at home on kitchen top on the top of a radiator. Cost the price of a couple of oranges and some kitchen roll about 60p

I'm glad I found this thread as I also want to know how these are made, so I can tell my sister who is enchanted by them.

I was in Fortnum and Mason yesterday with her, who has come to the UK to visit me for a few days. We bought a few things including a dried orange and cinnamon wreath. £47 for three items!:eek: My mum gave her/us money to spend though. ;)
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Lula13
    Lula13 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Thank you every one:beer:...I felt the same about putting the oven on for all that time so I'll stick with the airing cupboard...
  • Muddles
    Muddles Posts: 75 Forumite
    Bargain Bird I bought a bag of Cloves from Julian Graves for about a £1 for Pomanders.

Great to hear you can dry orange slices in airing cupboard or on rads as I was put off having the oven on for hours.
  • deborah64
    deborah64 Posts: 323 Forumite
    This is a great thread, guess i know what i,m doing once we break up from school :j
    Thanks op
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport