Pinpoint Solutions

xbrenx
xbrenx Posts: 962
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Hi
Just had a phone call from the above company in relation to a road traffic incident that happened in November 2010.

They said they have a file open for me in respect of unclaimed money for personal injury sustained in the above incident. Apparently the insurance companies have to have money available to give to clients who sustain minor injury, nothing major like broken bones but something that could have meant I took pain killers for a while, but the companies don't tell anyone about it.

I was very wary and told the caller that but he insisted it's true and that he'll get on to the solicitors then call me back this evening to let me know if there's anything to claim.

I never told the caller anything that he didn't already know.

Has anyone heard of this company (google only came up with management solution companies)? Does it sound feasible?

I'm very sceptical.

Comments

• colino
    colino Posts: 5,059
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So an ambulance chasing company is now cold-calling to get business? No wonder insurance is so stupidly expensive.
  • xbrenx
    xbrenx Posts: 962
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hope they don't want anything out of me - I haven't got anything lol.

Slow chase though.
  • jwruk
    jwruk Posts: 205 Forumite
    Were you injured as a result of the incident?

If the answer is 'No' then that's the end of the conversation with them. There is no pot of money, they're ambulance chasing scum.
  • Hi,

I just got a phone call from the same company. Very similar circumstances, was involved in an accident in Nov 2010 (not at fault). No series injuries etc etc. Got the whole story as you did then when asked if I was interested in claiming I told them that it was because of the likes of them that car insurance is so expensive. To which she got really argumentative and had a stinking atitude. I told them to shove it.
  • I have had 2 calls relating to an accident my wife had last year. I work for the company that insures us and hate these ambulance chasing companies who encourage people to claim for non existant injuries.
    Anyway, I kept the rep on the line for as long as I could asking lots of questions about the process, then when I was bored, I told him that me keeping him chatting had stopped him calling several people and then told him to foxtrot oscar.
    These people are impacting your premiums, encouraging law abiding people to commit fraud by dangling money at them. Legislation is needed now to stop it.
  • note_2
    note_2 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Anyway, I kept the rep on the line for as long as I could asking lots of questions about the process, then when I was bored, I told him that me keeping him chatting had stopped him calling several people and then told him to foxtrot oscar.

dont understand why people do this..... dont you value you free time? i just tell these people to get stuffed then put the phone down :D

back to the OP, if you have sustained actual injuries then by all means claim, if you dont then dont bother, simples.

and dont give your business to someone who has cold called you.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have too much free time so do the same. Whilst im having a good chat they are not annoying some else.

The last call was the microsoft scam, I kept him going for ages. Then said why are you trying to scam me and he hung up.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• This company calls me ALL THE TIME.. probably about 3 times a week, blatantly asking me to lie to receive money i apparently have 'waiting' for me... Ive asked them nicely, ive shouted, ive just hung up, ive stayed silent.. how can i get them to stop calling me... its getting ridiculous now!!
    help!!
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had a call from an agency yesterday saying I was due money fro the accident I had.

When I asked which one they declared any in the last three years. Told the chap if he couldn't name a particular incident I wasn't bothered. He just hung up the wee scamp.

What a great job to have.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • Buellguy
    Buellguy Posts: 629 Forumite
    I think the funniest one of these for me was the cold call telling me that I could be due 4 grand following my motorbike accident in 2008. Kept them talking for a while then informed them that I'd actually received over 14 grand from the other parties insurers and why was their quote of 4 so low. That kind of shut them up a bit LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure