Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    don't get me started in trying to get a delivery just really fed up, I email them to ask to deliver to another address in the same town and they ignore continue delivery here, and then send a second asking to call me to sort this out and then try here again, as it stands it shows on the tracking unable to locate, so either the parcel is now lost or they can't find in laws address (not a rural location), at least when it was HDNL they called me and asked me to call them back to arrange delivery... fired of email last night to them but have also emailed the supplier and asked them to recall the parcel and I will re-order but not to use Yodel as the delivery method!

and a work colleague in the same town/area as me is having similar problem with hers!
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely they shouldn't allow you to change the address anyway, since you not the customer and could be anybody?
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Sorry .......... But Yodel were fantastic last week, leaving me a note to say that my parcel was left at the local petrol station in the village. 10 out of 10 from me !

Cofion
    David
  • espixie
    Options
    I had a missed deilvery from Yodel, they could have left the parcel with the concererige but apparently you aren't allowed to instruct them to leave it anywhere. Seems nonsense to me. I arranged to collect it because I live 20 minutes from the depot. I called up to check the times it was open until and got told 8pm. I went up at 7.30pm and was greeted with a sign saying open Monday to Friday 10am-6pm. This basically rules out EVERYONE who works full time from ever being able to collect. I then arranged collection for Saturday, as they wouldn't redeliver on a Saturday. I was told all Yodel depots are open 9-12am on a Saturday. I went up and there was a sign saying Saturdays - Closed. I should have really paid attention the first time I went up but that is still inexcusable. Either the call center is not aware of the Aberdeen depot's awkward opening hours or the Aberdeen depot really should be open at the times stated by the call center worker. When I called back to query the opening hours, she said well it should be open. Does little to help my problem, nevertheless, hopefully that has flagged the issue interally at Yodel.

I still don't have my parcel and it is now due to be sent back to the sender. Thanks Yodel.
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    To the OP, the fault lies with the company who arranged to use Yodel as they offered a service that Yodel do not provide.No company phones are provided, drivers do not have to call customers and do not have to return back to deliveries previously attempted(on that day) as they would be constantly going back and forth.

Espexie-someone would have to find your parcel from thousands of others and on saturdays there are reduced numbers of depot staff in, meaning they don't really have time to do things like this.You will be one of many people wanting their missed deliveries.If they were closed tofor collections it looks like they have cut back staff even further than most depots.
    If they wouldn't redeliver on a saturday then its probably because that client doesn't pay for a saturday delivery service and the suppliers that do would get priority in having their parcels delivered/redelivered 1st.

I'd suggest to others if you wanted to collect on a saturday then try calling on the friday(assuming your local depot does open for collections) and they will have more time to look for it that way and can put it to one side.
  • scottvining
    Options
    Yodel are a joke, lets face it.
    As the recipients of goods we don't have a leg to stand on to complain to the delivery service.
    The driver that does my round continually lies - saying that he tries to deliver but doesn't even attempt. The customer (not us, the sender) just gets the tracking info that says they tried to deliver / left a card... or whatever the driver decides to 'make up' that day. So who does the sender believe? Us, or the huge delivery company with fancy slogans about 'not letting people down'. Whoever they decide to believe we don't win or change anything by complaining. We can't make them use a different delivery company.
    I say take the ball out of there court and refuse to sign properly for anything that is late, or in anyway breaches the contract that is established between the three parties involved. Then you have something to bargain with!!?
    Refuse to take deliveries from, or use Yodel!
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    Its very easy for management to check on whether the driver was where he said he was when carding you.

If you refuse to sign for your parcel then you are cutting your nose off to spite your face really as it will just get returned as refused and you might end up still having to pay for the delivery, if not the item.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Be kind to your Yodel/HDNL drivers - redundancy packages are being announced :(
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had three deliveries this week with them, the tracking has been fine, except it won't narrow it down to anything other than out for delivery.

Not that the customer has any say as to who the courier is anyway
  • Nara
    Nara Posts: 533 Forumite
    Options
    I had a mattress delivered by them.

first time I missed it as i was at work, then i rang to say could they deliver it the next day after 3pm so she said maybe, she would put after 3pm. Asked if they could leave it with a neighbour, so i said no since its a mattress so i doubt anyone wants it left in their house!!

Next day i got home at 3pm, no card left so i thought great they haven't been, well it got to 8pm and no mattress, then my neighbour arrived to say they had my mattress!!

Not that it was a big deal but they didn't leave me a card saying my neighbour had it! Thank god i have trustworthy neighbours!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure