IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP parking ticket

bobbywheel
bobbywheel Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 16 December 2009 at 12:34PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi I recently parked my car in a NCP private car park, I paid for a ticket at a machine for 30mins. I did what I had to do then returned to my car only to find I had a parking sticker pouch stuck on my drivers window. On inspecting the ticket it said I was in violation because I did not display a valid ticket, and the time stated on the parking ticket said 09.28. I looked at my ticket which I had purchased from the machine earlier and noticed it was not due to expire till 09.30. Right away I looked about the large car park area to challenge the warden who issued this ticket to complain, but did not see anyone. I mentioned my annoyance to a nearby driver and told him my story, but he pointed out to me that I had used the wrong ticket machine. I had infact used the councils machine and not NCP's own. I remarked I thought all parking machines were the same as they were lots placed around the perimeter of this car park I used, and the only reason I used this machine is because it was the nearest machine to me which had less people queing at. My sister is the owner of the car and was annoyed when I told her of the parking ticket, she wants me to pay it for fear of getting a bad mark against her name. Can anyone advise if I should pay this fine or ignore it. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Comments

• Just search for NCP and you will see dozens, nay hundreds of posts where the same advice is given to ignore them. This only applies when they are acting for themselves and are not subcontracted to a council, the paperwork tells you.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    As long as this is not a PCN issued by NCP on behalf of a council you can safely ignore everything.

Here's what you can expect to receive in the next few months:
    http://www.violetmount.com/ncpscam.jpg
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    If it is council PCN it is winnable due to the times. keep hold of the ticket you had in the window if so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure