Two free tickets to Alton Towers or 2 for 1 at Zoos & theme parks nationwide

What's the deal?

Whether it's Alton Towers, Thorpe Park or a range of theme parks and Zoos around the country, there are a few seriously good deals around for days out. Better still many of them can be got now but used in the Summer.

Two Ways To Get to Alton Towers Dirt Cheap
  • Two free (£25) tickets to Alton Towers for £1.40 - £2.50. The Sun newspaper is giving away a pair of free tickets to Alton Towers if you collect 7 differently numbered tokens between now and 6 March and you must apply by 10 March.

Each copy of The Sun costs 20-35p so the most you'll have to pay is £2.45. Adult tickets usually retail for about £25 each so this is a snip in comparison!

Yet you don't choose your day; instead you select a date range and tickets are sent on a first come, first served basis for a specific date. This does mean you may be sent 'term-time school-day' tickets which could be a problem. See full details.
  • 2 for 1 Alton Towers Tickets. The theme park deal below includes Alton towers, so use that if the Sun deal isn't flexible enough
2 for 1 at theme parks and attractions nationwide

Pick up a promotional pack of Tetley Tea (the cheapest is about £1.50) and you get a 2 for 1 voucher which can be used at Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Madame Tussauds, The Dungeons, Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland, Warwick Castle & Sea Life Centers. See full details

2 for 1 at Zoos nationwide

Kellogg’s are giving away 2 for 1 zoo/aquarium entry vouchers on special packs of cereal. A typical day out at some zoos can cost a jumbo £46 for a family of four, so this offer is almost zoo good to be true. See full details

Other Days Out / Theatre /Restaurants

Read the Pay Less For Going Out Article

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• lawlorlane
    lawlorlane Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Hi, i saw the advert for these on the tele, rushed out to buy 6 copies as need them for all the family, only to read it as Alton Towers Resort tickets. Is this right???? :confused: I went onto the sun website for further details and this is what it says

The Sun has got another amazing offer to guarantee fantastic family fun - every reader can claim two TOTALLY FREE tickets to Alton Towers. We’ve got tickets available for every date right through the season (March 23 – November 1, 2008) and you can even choose the time of year you’d like to go!

We've teamed up with the UK's Number One short break resort for families to provide you with a fantastic reader offer. There really is so much to do at the Alton Towers Resort – you’ll be spoilt for choice! Embark on a mission aboard the new Battle Galleons interactive water ride and prove yourself as a fully fledged pirate, join Charlie on his fantastic voyage into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory or let the children take to the roads on the Peugeot 207 Driving School! Meet the extraordinarily large bunnies in Old MacDonald’s Farmyard before enjoying a sleepover at one of the two fantastically themed on-site hotels, where you'll be right at the heart of endless family fun! Choose between the crazy Caribbean Splash Landings Hotel or the explorer inspired Alton Towers Hotel and experience the tropical warmth of the Alton Towers Waterpark, or seek ultimate relaxation in the luxurious Spa* before rounding off your adventure with a game of Extraordinary Golf*! * separate entry fees apply.

Im not too sure if this is for a ticket to the resort facilites as mentioned above or the amusement park :confused:

Can anyone help as i dont want use of the resort facilities just the amusement park so dont wanna grab anymore newspapers just in case!

Thanks for the tetley teabag offer, im off to Thorpe Park end of march so will come in mega handy!! :T
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The paper has the Alton Towers logo stating resort, but the small print says theme park.

HOWEVER...you get allocated tickets on a date Alton Towers give you...non transferrable too. you can specify which time of year by selecting one of their seven bands of dates but even your first choice isn't guaranteed with that.

A great deal if you want to go at some point this year, but not so good if you're restricted to weekends/school holidays.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article829181.ece
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    im saving both............
    i will be debt free, i will
  • mew
    mew Posts: 1,009
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Where can you buy the Sun for 20p?
  • very good deal, very cheap, however the sun costs 35p not 20p !!!!:rotfl:
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    the sun is 20p in Scotland.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • doodah
    doodah Posts: 531
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    ah well, it's still a good deal at £2.45 :)
    31/12/2006 £8395, 01/10/2008 £5089.73, 19/10/2010 £835.00 31/03/2011 £0.00
    Pigsback = £9.35 (£30 claimed), Quidco = £128.24 claimed
    Official DFW Nerd No. 264

Debt-free and Proud!
  • The Sun is 20p here in Essex! Still great deal though, I'm collecting the vouchers!:p
  • In shops around Universitys , most papers are half price. I know they are here in Manchester
    James thinks worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere

If i help you...Please thank me! :beer:
  • Shame you have to buy one of the worst "news"papers in the UK to get the offer... ah well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure