Please help! They won't give me my prize!

2»

Comments

• I am having the same problems with FunkyFogey myself.

I too had my name and town listed as a winner on their site for a Rosemary Shrager grill. Never recieved it (also from back in June) and they never respond to emails. Very frustrating.
    Thanks to all posters and contributers :beer:
  • Thank you all for your kind replies. Bella I will chase them on twitter right away - hadn't thought of that!

To the rest of you who are still chasing up prizes - hope you get them!

JimmyTheWig - my name is very unusual. Plus as i have already mentioned they have emailed me back once to the email address that is linked with the competition entry confirming i am a winner.. just nothing since.

Thanks again to everyone!
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Presumably there is every chance that the winner was someone else with the same name?

Whilst this is true, if one of the above suggested ombudsmans got involved they would be required to prove this and could find themselves in "poo" if they tried to cover up

;)
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • dontknow1
    dontknow1 Posts: 1,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    another good place to bug them is face book if they have it...]

i received a broken prize from a different copmpany ( not the companies fault) i emailed ..no response..posted it on their facebook wall for the whole world to see, they responded in minutes and sorted it out..i also post thanks for wins there as well

If a prize doesn't show up I am sure they wouldn't want loads of people posting
    Thank you to all the posters and the forum guides for all your hard work it is appreciated ...

Jan starting off as the year will pan out ...nothing lol
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I too would recommend putting it on their Facebook page (if they have one) - companies don't like it and are keen as mustard to sort it out then.

Another poster here on MSE had a problem with something they had purchased from a furniture store and she had not been happy at their response - I again suggested she post her problem on facebook, which she did and got it sorted.

Good luck x
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Helen_T
    Helen_T Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I didnt receive a prize I won from a different company last November. I gave up trying in the end but it annoys me every time I google my name as it still appears on the website as a winner! Its probably too late to chase it up again now.
    Thanks to all posters!
  • Onefree
    Onefree Posts: 254 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2010 at 8:46PM
    Sry you all have had difficulties receiving prizes. Personally I would send a recorded letter/email to the MD/CEO stating that you won and despite many attempts to contact them about the non-fulfillment you have not to date the courtesy of a response. Advise that if you have not had a response by return or within 7 days at the latest you will refer the matter to the IPM. I have emailed admin about the ISP point previously but have been ignored, cest la vie. The name changed from ISP to the Institute of Promotional Marketing some time ago. Dont give up, the win was yours (especially you Helen T).

Am happy to help drafting a formal letter/email if anyone wants a hand.

Sillystudent - didnt realise Micah richards was a footballer. His agents should be able to get this sorted for you perhaps try this, advising that you reserve the right to talk of the matter publically if the matter isnt resolved to your satisfaction. http://www.multitudemedia.co.uk/contact-us.html
  • gbatey
    gbatey Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I dealt with Edwin too and he helped me get my prize to me from a radio station. I had given up hope and then took the advice from the guys on here and it was with me within a few weeks with an extra something for 'the inconvenience' :-)
    Debt free 2018 :)

Wins for 2020: April - Flowers, Keyring
  • gazzarh
    gazzarh Posts: 860 Forumite
    mysticwen wrote: »
    i am having the same problem with funky fogey i won in june and they had my name on their website saying i was the winner of a kenwood smoothie maker - the site is still running i have e mailed on every contact form and address given but no joy - makes you feel like tearing your hair out:mad:
    i wonder if you can find a telephone number by searching the company on line - or hopefully another kind mse'r will have won a prize from them and have more advise - some prizes can come though up to a year later so do not give up hope.
    hope you get your prize in the near future
    happy comping:)

same issue with me with funkey fogey i won may/june i think slow cooker, gave up on it long ago and now refuse to enter any of their comps
    My poor 15 yr old daughter broke her wrist i 5:eek: places tonight poor little mite was screaming in agony, all casted temp now and fingers crossed no surgery needed to fix.
    get well soon honey .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport