Grand Scenic - instrument panel fixed, now have heater problem !!!

Amanda65
Amanda65 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I have an 05 1.6 petrol Grand Scenic and the display panel went a couple of weeks ago. It was fixed at a Renault Dealers and as I took out the AA Gold Star warranty when we bought the car (second hand from the worst Renault garage in the South of England - not the ones who have just fixed it incidently!!!) I have had to pay the £100 but my warranty are refunding in it.

Last week I got a 'check emmissions' message so the car is back in a Nationwide autocentre today having that repaired (again under the warranty) but also the heater is not working on number 4 (1 through 3 work) and they have just phoned to say that Renault have recognised there was a wiring fault which causes the heater to fail and have changed it. Nationwide can replace the reostat for the heater under my warranty but it won't work without the new wiring pack and AA Warranty won't cover wiring, so to have it done will cost me £250 :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Surely if this is a recognised fault Renault should pay (although apparently not due to the age of the car) - anyone else had any experience of this ?????

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If renault are changing the "wiring pack" as a recall, maybe you can get this done by a renault dealer (foc), then get the other problem repaired under the AA warranty at your nationwide garage.
  • terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    This is a recognised fault but not one that Renault seem interested in helping out with.

There is a big thread here on renault forums. They explain with pictures how to sort it yourself. I'm going to eventually have a go with mine but things keep cropping up - plus it works on every setting but 2. When I looked into it about a year ago I could of got the parts from a Renault dealer for about £100 and managed to access the dash pretty easy.

Might be worth a look.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    It's an !!!!!! of a job to do on the Scenic. Very comon fault too! Nothing to do with the wiring though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure