PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What is the difference between "Sold STC" and "Under offer"?

What is the difference between "Sold STC" and "Under offer"?

Thanks

Comments

• olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Underoffer - the status of a property for sale when a seller has accepted an offer from a purchaser but prior to exchange of contracts.

Sold STC - same thing.

It is suppose to mean when the sale has progressed a bit further but it doesn't as most EAs just change the boards from "For Sale" to "Sold". While others change the boards from "For Sale" to "Under Offer" to "Sold"
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • going2die_rich
    going2die_rich Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    I thought while it was "Under Offer" other offers could be made since it was still on the market, where as the "Sold STC" was that the seller had agreed an offer so it was technically off the market, but subject to terms and conditions so if it fell through it could be back on.
  • Shambler
    Shambler Posts: 767 Forumite
    The house we are hopefully purchasing shows as 'Under Offer' on the EA website but 'Sold' on the for sale board at the property.

We have just received the list of fixtures and fittings from our solicitor.

I think it's just EA speak, i.e. 'Under Offer' and 'Sold STC' mean the same thing...they are hardly going to say it is Under Offer every time someone puts an offer in unless it has been accepted at which point it is 'Sold STC'.
  • krispy444
    krispy444 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Under offer means that offers can be offered !!

Sold STC means sold Subject To Contract, meaning that an offer has been accepted and hopefully working towards an exchange of contracts.
  • kingkano
    kingkano Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought decent agents will put under offer until the survey is done and sale progressing, then it becomes SSTC. bum agents just go straight to sold.
  • pamaris
    pamaris Posts: 441 Forumite
    It cracks me up when agents say "offers invited". Well duh.

So, basically what I get from all this is that "under offer" and "SSTC" are supposed to mean different things, but don't always.
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I always thought under offer meant in theory an offer had been accepted but that the buyer still needed to find a buyer for their house in order to proceed with the purchase whereas sold stc meant it was proceedable straight away.
  • nobblyned
    nobblyned Posts: 705 Forumite
    EAs seem to say whatever they like whenever they like. I wouldn't dwell on the semantics of it.
  • Phirefly
    Phirefly Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    pamaris wrote: »
    It cracks me up when agents say "offers invited". Well duh.

I like 'must be viewed' too. Nah s'ok, I'll take your word and buy it without viewing....
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I like 'deceptively spacious'. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business