Working Tax Credit - Free Prescriptions

2»

Comments

• you get one sent to you automatically we have income of 14000 and we got one,check with tax credits helpline theyd know 08453003900
  • les64 wrote: »
    This figure has not changed in 3 years. Does anyone know if it is changing from April 2009 ? I've found leaflets that say, if you are reading this after 6 /4/09 then check for any potential increase, but cannot find anywhere telling me there is going to be an increase.

I don't think they have released the updated guidance as yet but I dont see the figure increasing much if at all.
  • Sound as if, yet again, it is only children, those with children and the elderly and/or disabled who need to get healthy. Those of us who are expected to work full time on low pay are expected to survive on a pittance and work ourselves to the bone - heigh ho, who cares if we get sick, eh? We just pay taxes, we aren't allowed any extra benefits. Pah!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. 51, lost my job a few months ago, no money, mortgage to pay, no partner, no kids, depression, hypertension, arthritis in my knee (but not enough to get disability benefits cos I can still walk without a stick) and even if I can get work, it will be low paid where I live because I spent much of my life bringing up my daughter instead of having a career (although I was working most of the time) but ALL of our goverments and their officials just shrug off the single people with no children as "Well, they have nothing to stop them going out and getting more work" as if we are just workhorses and don't deserve any kind of a life at all. Hell, I haven't even got the option to do what most people do and have kids to get the freebies...

I hate them all!
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Well done Pammi for dragging up an old thread just so you could have a little rant, being a newbie could I suggest you have a read at what exactly the benefit section is for. Thanks kindly.
    *SIGH*
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family