Capital One

Comments

• Karl, have a look at the previous posts in this thread as they answer your questions. If you can't find your account number I would also include your date of birth with your name and address to enable them to find your account.
  • Again, thank you Edinburghlass.

I had skimmed through the many pages in this forum - but obviously missed this one though :o
    I apologise for creating another Cap 1 thread.

Time to track down that account number now :eek:
  • well i sent my cap 1 letter off requestin statements on thursday, i dont owe cap 1 anything, they actually owe me £4 so any money will do nicely. Would love some money before xmas but dont think i have got a hope in hell. the cap 1 money will pay some debt off i'm sure.
    Married my amazing hubby on 8th September 2012 :j:j
  • I'm in the process of tackling capital one for a family friend,a very similar situation to the op. Any bailiff's fees etc that may have been added to the account - are they refundable too?

Thanks in advance.
  • saintly_2
    saintly_2 Posts: 544 Forumite
    i sent my letter to request statements on 24th november, i know i have to give them 40 days but im so impatient hehe. does anyone know approx how long cap 1 will take to send statements out

thanks
  • if you ring Capital One and request your statments,

they will not charge you and it's a free phone number :)
  • if you ring Capital One and request your statments,

they will not charge you and it's a free phone number :)

and they told me 6 working days before delivery. I asked 4 waorking days ago, I havnt seen them yet but my mail takes a day longer due to circumstances anyway.
  • saintly_2
    saintly_2 Posts: 544 Forumite
    well well well me being impatient and all that i have just spoke to capital one, they cant find my request for my statements, he said they no longer charge for people requesting statements and for me to cancel my cheque. it shouldnt be long now, he even said he will arrange a cheque for the £4.17 they owe me!!! woo hoo
  • theleek
    theleek Posts: 27 Forumite
    Being new to this site,i am currently applying to the Abbey for my last 6 years bank charges,however i have recently closed a capital one credit card.During the last year of the card,they hammered me for charges.Can i claim these back?
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    theleek wrote:
    Being new to this site,i am currently applying to the Abbey for my last 6 years bank charges,however i have recently closed a capital one credit card.During the last year of the card,they hammered me for charges.Can i claim these back?

If you do a search on this forum, you will find plenty of people claiming from closed accounts. So start the process!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure