Folkestone Sunday Market 23rd May onwards

2»

Comments

• And I'm one of the people that picked up a leaflet from you ;-) Off down there now. Yay!
  • Gabesmum
    Gabesmum Posts: 69 Forumite
    The doughnut guy was there. Hubbie and I were very happy.
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    yes I thought of you when I saw the doughnut van. :wink:
    There was a bit of a glitch with the free parking on site, insurance hassels or something, I was ok , sailed straight in to a street space, then noticed the ticket machine in Shepway's pricey car park was caput = free parking :D But a sign up saying it's shut from Friday - bank hol Mon ie next weekend, for resurfacing:( Like Shepway to pick a good time to shut a beach front car park.
    Got some "crocs" for £2 and grippy builders gardening gloves for £1 ideal for yanking up nettles and some other stuff too.
    Thought it was pretty good for it's first day.
    sat on the beach for an hour then up to Asda for effectively free parking there ( spend £7.50, get a £2.20 2 hour ticket refunded) Qickest thing to buy is a 24 pack of loo rolls & a drink.
  • I visited the folkestone market last sunday for the first time since it has reopened and was very dissapointed with the turnout of market traders and buyers alike, perhaps it was because of the time of year but the weather was good, but would have expected more with the lead up to christmas,as I had travelled a long way to visit this market I would not bother again at this time of year.
    COME ON FOLKESTONE DO US PROUD AGAIN
  • xanthe06
    xanthe06 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ive not lived in kent for many years and was a reg visitor till i moved to suffolk, i used to work in rotunda and on my lunch breaks used to have a look around, back then it was fantastic, but ive seen pics of the seafront now and to be honest its looking very sad, same as margate, but i know who we have to thank for that and that is jimmy godden himself, hope his proud of himself
    Comp wins
    £25 worth of costume jewels and a plaq for mothers day
    debt £7374:eek::(
    loans/goods hp £5000
    total £10375 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts