Rdio feedback

Former_MSE_Becca
Former_MSE_Becca Posts: 250 Forumite
edited 19 February 2013 at 5:27PM in Music MoneySaving
articlealert2_banner.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss feedback for
Rdio (Link)

If you've used Rdio, we'd love to know how it was for you, so we can improve the guide. Click reply to leave your feedback.

To read about online music streaming in general, read the main
Free Online Music guide

Many thanks,
MSE Becca

Comments

• madnis7
    madnis7 Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not seeing the 6 month free trial here? I signed up using my facebook, when i go to subscription it wants me to add payment options.
  • Same here - I signed up a few hours ago and mine is showing ENDS IN 6 DAYS.
  • cooldaz
    cooldaz Posts: 97 Forumite
    Same here its asking me for my payment details. No sign of any free trial
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Me too! No sign of free trial. 7 day or 6 months. Just asks for payment details...
  • mandoh wrote: »
    Me too! No sign of free trial. 7 day or 6 months. Just asks for payment details...

Thanks for your comments guys. I've just added this step-by-step process to the guide:

How to get this

You won’t see the offer on the site, but Rdio's confirmed in writing to us that it’ll work for everyone. To get it…
    1. Go to the Rdio* site
    2. Put your name and email address in (or sign up via Facebook)
    3. Wait for a confirmation email
    4. Click through to the site from the confirmation email
    5. You'll have unlimited access for a week on a seven-day free trial
    6. When the seven days has ended, the six-month free trial will automatically kick in. Do note, this trial is only for PC and Macs, not mobile apps.
    At no point do you need put in any card/payment details anywhere to get the free trial, so when the trial ends, that's it, you won't be charged.

The six-month free trial is also available to Rdio users who have previously taken a seven-day trial. Just login to your account and the six-month trial will automatically begin.

I hope that helps,
    MSE Becca
  • adey
    adey Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tried it myself on iphone but as soon as i clicked on the link it turned from 6 months to 6days!!! I then looked at the reviews in on the app store and saw a majority of people had left negative reviews due to being misled about trial period and when you take out full paid membership it doesnt appear to work!!
    Mse should update their site to avoid more people being let down by this
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    adey wrote: »
    Tried it myself on iphone but as soon as i clicked on the link it turned from 6 months to 6days!!! I then looked at the reviews in on the app store and saw a majority of people had left negative reviews due to being misled about trial period and when you take out full paid membership it doesnt appear to work!!
    Mse should update their site to avoid more people being let down by this

[FONT=&quot]Hi Adey,

It's only the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pc/mac trial that's 6 months, not the mobile app. We do mention in the guide, but will bold it to try to make it clearer.

Thanks[/FONT]
  • adey
    adey Posts: 6 Forumite
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]Hi Adey,

It's only the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pc/mac trial that's 6 months, not the mobile app. We do mention in the guide, but will bold it to try to make it clearer.

Thanks[/FONT]

Thanks for the info Sorry i didnt notice it on mse site I will try it on pc! Before I try does anybody know if there is any way at all to prevent rdio from posting telling everyone you know on facebook what you're listening to?
  • adey wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Sorry i didnt notice it on mse site I will try it on pc! Before I try does anybody know if there is any way at all to prevent rdio from posting telling everyone you know on facebook what you're listening to?

Hi

Under settings area (click the arrow next to your name in top right of screen)

Once in settings click on external tab and uncheck the Share the songs you play on Facebook box.

:j
    Just paid off my large mortgage 5 years early and loving it.
  • GH
    GH Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just signed up for this so I can use it on my Sonos music streaming system.The registration process was successful but when I sign in to Rdio on my Sonos controller computer says no. Rubbish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure