Monument Credit Card

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    shoe wrote: »

Wiggynut,
    i am so so pleased its over :j :j
    never again will i get in that situation with Monument they are a bad bad companey to deal with..and it just shows they will take it to the bitter end...but we won yepeeeeee:j :j

Me too!
    I was starting to feel a bit sick at the thought of going to court... didn't have a clue on what paperwork to take and the fact that I would just look guilty whether or not I actually was!:o

finally gone and a big dent in my debts is fantastic which encourages me to pay some more as it felt so good... bit skint this month though and I've decided to take a OU course ... but that's a good investment I think!

Tobydog... I think you should call that number Shoe has listed!! maybe the letter got lost or is late and they might not know that and think you want to go to court!!!
    good luck and let us know what happens
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • Thanks for the advice guys, I will ring that number on Monday, thats providing I dont get a letter by then!! I will let you know what happens either way, but to be honest I am expecting to go to court, as I have not heard anything from Monument since I got my court date all those months ago!!
    I think there might be a difference between us though, as my account is already closed and paid up. Closed it September 2006, then decided to start claiming in about November 2006.
    I can imagine that once its all over, it must be like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders - Not being one of the criminal fraternity, its not every day I go to court!!:huh:
  • laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER

Me v Monumnent is now history!!!!!!

Shoe - I phoned that number you gave me for the legal team. The chap said he had been pestering Monument for 2 weeks to get the matter resolved! (Legal dept must be a seperate entity to the main company.) Anyway, seems like Monument like to drag their backsides, and not settle quickly. He was a nice enough fella and said he would ring them again this morning, and ring me back asap - and true to his word he phoned back about 1 hour later and advised me that Monument wanted to settle without going to court, as it was not in everyones interest blah, blah, blah, blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
    So he emailed the offer thru - I printed it, signed it, put my bank account details on, scanned it back in and emailed it back - Hows that for efficiency?
    Any day now I should have £836.59 in my bank account, which is nice as I thought it was gone forever.

If your reading this, and your court date is fast approaching and you have not heard anything - do what I did, the day before going to court, ring them, just ask for the name of the representative that will be attending court. This will get the conversation going. This was the advice given to me and it worked. Seems they dont like going to court either!!!!

Can I just say a big thanks to all that have assisted me with advice - and a big thank you to Martin Lewis for running such a fantastic site.

Natwest gave in, HSBC gave in, and now finally over 1 year later, I have beaten the most stubborn of all - MONUMENT.
    beerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gif
  • hi to all you credit card champions congratulations ! im new to reclaiming charges but well known to monument,pardon the ignorance but what charges can i claim ? a couple of years ago i was out of work at xmas when i went over my agreed limit by 53p long story short they took theyre minimum payment by d/d & the 53p went to £213 in 4 months charges charges charges ! i robbed peter to pay paul & now im within my limit,please give me any guidence you can as i could really do with the cash,thanx in advance.
  • debs81
    debs81 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Toby_dog wrote: »
    laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER-WINNER

Me v Monumnent is now history!!!!!!

Shoe - I phoned that number you gave me for the legal team. The chap said he had been pestering Monument for 2 weeks to get the matter resolved! (Legal dept must be a seperate entity to the main company.) Anyway, seems like Monument like to drag their backsides, and not settle quickly. He was a nice enough fella and said he would ring them again this morning, and ring me back asap - and true to his word he phoned back about 1 hour later and advised me that Monument wanted to settle without going to court, as it was not in everyones interest blah, blah, blah, blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
    So he emailed the offer thru - I printed it, signed it, put my bank account details on, scanned it back in and emailed it back - Hows that for efficiency?
    Any day now I should have £836.59 in my bank account, which is nice as I thought it was gone forever.

If your reading this, and your court date is fast approaching and you have not heard anything - do what I did, the day before going to court, ring them, just ask for the name of the representative that will be attending court. This will get the conversation going. This was the advice given to me and it worked. Seems they dont like going to court either!!!!

Can I just say a big thanks to all that have assisted me with advice - and a big thank you to Martin Lewis for running such a fantastic site.

Natwest gave in, HSBC gave in, and now finally over 1 year later, I have beaten the most stubborn of all - MONUMENT.
    beerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

thats brill. gives me a bit more hope. thought the other two successes might have been flukes but to see them not want to go to court and settle for £800 plus is great. my claim is only for £264 so i'm much more confident that they won't make it to the court room for such a small amount (in their eyes anyway). issuing mcol is next step for me - had been unsure whether or not to do it. but will def do it now. just waiting for the letter saying they think their charges are fair etc etc.
  • debs81
    kaisstuff wrote: »
    hi to all you credit card champions congratulations ! im new to reclaiming charges but well known to monument,pardon the ignorance but what charges can i claim ? a couple of years ago i was out of work at xmas when i went over my agreed limit by 53p long story short they took theyre minimum payment by d/d & the 53p went to £213 in 4 months charges charges charges ! i robbed peter to pay paul & now im within my limit,please give me any guidence you can as i could really do with the cash,thanx in advance.

on credit cards you can claim overlimit fees and late/missed payment fees. you'll need to obtain a list of your fees by requesting them under the data protection act. will have to pay £10 for it. add up your charges and send martins template letter.
  • thanks for the help debs81 i will do this right now,wish me luck!!!!!!!
  • debs81
    kaisstuff wrote: »
    thanks for the help debs81 i will do this right now,wish me luck!!!!!!!

good luck. let me know how you get on.
  • Hi all. Just thought I would post to let you know that I am claiming my charges and PPI cover back from Monument. Looks like it could take some time. Will keep you all posted.

I have a stupid question, who do you make the Cheque payable to when sending it for the data protection thingy, I have just addressed it to "Monument Credit Card Services", is that wrong or right.

cheers
  • HAVEFAITH
    HAVEFAITH Posts: 557 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Hi peeps,

I am having majortrouble getting any replies from MONUMENT, with regard to retrieving Credit Card charges. They are ignoring all letters (sent by RD too & have been signed for according to the Royal Mail website) .... any tips from anyone please?:mad:
    "onwards & upwards"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport