Butlins Minehead things to do nearby?

2»

Comments

• cymrumam
    cymrumam Posts: 235 Forumite
    Porlock weir with some bacon and some crab lines is fab for the kids they will be jumping onto the lines. Lynton and Lynmouth are nice as well. We found that Butlins had put their prices down no end when we were there for half term at the end of last year - paid 65p for a carton of Ribena in the evening I pay more than that when we are out in the high st so was pleasantly suprised.
  • beachbhoy
    beachbhoy Posts: 142 Forumite
    chergar wrote: »
    Thank you Beachboy

Have you been to Skegness before?
    We have been the last two years and really enjoyed it, the tourer bit is nice, the toilets/shower block are very basic, they are portacabins but have plenty of hot water and are clean enough. The tourer bit has it's own pub, The Crazy Horse, so you don't need to be in the crowds if you just fancy a wee drink and to let the kids run about the dancefloor. The road to Skegness wasn't too bad, we tend to leave when hubby comes in from work on the Friday night and then stop at services when he feels tired, both times that happened to be at Pontefract (we are in Paisley), and then the second leg of the journey is only a few hours more and we are there for pitching on time at noon.

Thanks chergar, we have been to the chalets at skegness before and had a great time. We will also leave on the Friday night and stay over at services, we are due to arrive at skegness on Saturday 16th July and I am coming back home (by train) the following weekend to work leaving my wife and 3 kids :Tand will return on the friday, we will then head for home on Sunday 31st July.

The toilets at Minehead are similar and you are around a 10 minnute walk to the main complex. My kids were 10,8 and 3 and they ejoyed the funfair, swimming and the skyline pavillion we only went to Reds and centre stage once during our fortnights visit.
  • GaryG77
    GaryG77 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Just back from there last month. As others have said the hairy dog pub has a brilliant play area around the back for kids. My 4 year old loved this.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 May 2011 at 12:38PM
    Don't miss the BAKELITE MUSEUM in Watchet (a 20 minute ride on West Somerset railway)
    If you like 60's stuff - that is
    If not, it's worth visiting Watchet anyway - impressive harbour - I believe used to be a major seaport ?
    The railway is worth looking at for a day out anyway - steam (if you are lucky) trains !!
  • NMSE12
    NMSE12 Posts: 248 Forumite
    We're heading ot butlins Minehead 2th June, Really nervous as not done butlins before!
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=44018782#post44018782
    Groupon deal today for Tropiquaria near Minehead - great for kids
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills